Car Behaviour and Collision BUG/GLITCH

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Tweakable and easy to use effects for your projects.
  • Hi there guys, have been spending ages tweaking the "GTA style get into car" tutorial to suit my needs, and to be able to leave the vehicle without destroying and recreating my player object.

Anyway, I finally worked it out through a lot of guess work and trial and error (still not sure what exactly solved it), but now my car has a lot of wierd glitches happening while driving such as...

Stuttering movement

Sometimes very very slow

"Catches" invisible edges

Poor smoothness which seems like low-FPS even though FPS is still 28-30fps... (acts like it's about 5fps)

Previously the car driving mechanics felt very nice and smooth... now it is unplayable and unbroken.

Also, im just wondering how to set the collisions so my characters head can be seen over the vehicle if I am behind/under it... but not have my feet/legs be able to go ontop of the car when I am infront/above the vehicle.

Thanks

Love this engine, but lots of these little bugs that occur are really frustrating, I hope someone knows what the issue is, I am sure it is just poor "programming" in the events page... I will attach a video and a screenshot of my "Events" page.

• Can't post link yet so here is the main part of the URL if anyone is kind enough to see if they can give me a hand?

youtube.com/watch?v=YX8a-kUeYrQ

Thanks, I'd be so grateful if someone can help me out here.

• Anyone? Need to get my rep up so I can post the video...

• Finally got 300 rep...

Heres the video of the bug

Please help me if you can anyone... I'm still racking my brains trying to work this out to no avail!

youtube.com/watch

• Here's the .capx if anyone is willing to help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-fSfDFgkZLIY0hJX2twNXZCS00

Thanks

• Disable the solid behavior on the car when the player gets inside. The car -- seeing itself as a solid -- seems to be colliding with itself.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Disable the solid behavior on the car when the player gets inside. The car -- seeing itself as a solid -- seems to be colliding with itself.

Hmm thanks Linkman, but won't this cause the car to be able to pass through other objects, or as long as they have collisions/solid assigned to themselves even a non-solid object will be stopped?

Many thanks!

• Adding the car behavior to an object causes that object to interact with solid objects. The only reason you would add the solid behavior to the car is if you want other objects with behaviors that react with solids to interact with it.

• Adding the car behavior to an object causes that object to interact with solid objects. The only reason you would add the solid behavior to the car is if you want other objects with behaviors that react with solids to interact with it.

Ah I see, thanks so much for letting me know! I'm currently away from home till Friday but I will try it out then and see if it does the job, which it sounds like it should. I will make sure to disable any other "solid" behaviors from my player etc... upon entering the vehicle as well.

Thanks again! Take care

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)