Card War: Game of Death (v4.0)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:38 am

@freezing-rain,

just wondering if you had planned to progress any further with your card game. i really like it, and i think you could polish and publish it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:30 pm

@harrio: Oh, damn, I've totally forgotten to look for this thread until now! I'm very sorry to keep you waiting for my answer! :/
Well... mhm... I would really like to develop this further and of course I would be really proud to publish it to some stores... but... what do you mean exactly when you talk about polishing it? What do you want to see, what should I do? I'm not that good, when it comes to things like final presentation, graphical improvements and stuff like that, to be honest. I'd really like to see my game in some stores, but I don't know how to finally realise it.

And a big thanks to you again! I'm really glad that you like it so much! :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:01 am

@freezing-rain,

well i'm no expert, but i could definitely give you some of my thoughts on how to improve/polish it.

i really played it a lot when you first put it on the arcade; trying to beat it and figure out the strategies of playing it well. but it also has enough depth to be fun and strategic.

i will take the time to spell out my thoughts once i organize them.

i would really love to see this on as many store fronts as possible, and there is no reason why it should not be possible. multiplayer would be awesome with this as well, but you would need someone else to help you with that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:52 am

@harrio are you a fan of strategy card game, ccg, tcg? If so, you'll probably a good candidate to test my prototype (if you're willing :D) once it finished and stable, which I'm projecting by the end of this year.

@freezing rain wow, I did not realize there was an attempt at non-traditional strategy card game in scirra, I thought I was the first and the only one! :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Interesting game @freezing rain looking forward to see it's finish product :)

I am just a newbie in developing construct 2. I am planning to create my first game but I'm in doubt on which theme is better for beginner like me.

It was my dream to create my own RPG game but seems development of that type of game will take a lot of time if I will consider to publish my first creation :)

seeing your post it is pretty amazing that games like this is possible using construct 2. I was also a fan of battle card games :)

would you able to give me some advice on how will start my development? I am not good also in terms of artistic design which I think will be necessary for drawing card object :(
B

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:28 pm

@jyoiru
Form my experience, there are 2 ways to approach card game CCG/TCG in C2.

The easier one is by using instance variable on all card instance object, this method is very useful for CCG with small mechanic and small number of effective stats. This is great if your CCG mechanic is simple and for single player. However this is very difficult to handle in multiplayer because this will require host (if logic is server side) to contain the object peer have, and handling the "display" state would be confusing and difficult to be consistent.

The harder one is by data management through array, this method allows limitless possibility on mechanic, it can go as crazy as your imagination goes. For single player, this requires more complex event system and proven to use significantly larger number of events compared to the first method above. However, this is the better way to handle CCG in C2, because server side will handle all state in array and the advantage is the serverhost can be very simple because it's doesn't use anything visual and furthermore, you're handling much less object which is desirable.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:02 pm

thank you for your advice @DuckfaceNinja :) very interesting information. I will note to use array for future plans in making it multiplayer :).
B

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:37 am

Hey folks!
I've just updated the game to v4.0!

I've added a few new sound- & graphic-effects and two new cards!
The new monster-card "Angry Orc" has AT 3 & DEF 2, but also comes with an Instant-Attack bonus-effect when playing, so it can attack right away.
I plan on creating a few more monsters with additional bonuses in future versions.
The new bonus-card "Weak Spot" subtracts 2 DEF from the enemy monster until the end of round.

Here's the changelog:
v4.0
-new monster-card: Angry Orc (with Instant Attack Bonus)
-new bonus-card: Weak Spot
-new sounds for winning, losing, boosts and The Death Card
-new graphical effects for boosts and The Death Card

Unfortunately I had a few problems with uploading the game to the new Scirra-Arcade, so I decided to host it in my Dropbox on my own site. Hope that's okay for now.

v4.1
-added new Card-Room:

Have Fun! :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:25 am

@freezing-rain

great to hear that you are still working on it. i will definitely try it out.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations