Catmaze - fairy metroidvania based on Slovak myths

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wingerella is a fairy girl that is going to become the most cool and powerful fairy in the world.
  • I'm glad to announce my second game - Catmaze!

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Wishlist it on Steam

Catmaze is a fairy metroidvania set in the universe based on the Slavic myths. Hear the story about saving the most beloved!

Age-old Slavic tales will come to life in the unforgettable adventure of Alesta, a sorceress whose courage guides her through mysterious paths and dark forests in search of the lost road to Navi, the world of the dead.

Cats have always been the link between the world of Yavi and the world of Navi, and for this knowledge they were awarded nine lives. What will it cost for the greatest of them - Cat Bayn - to make an exception and change the balance just once on behalf of the young sorceress Alesta’s mother? Mysterious creatures from Slavic myths carefully keep their secrets in the magical forests and dense thickets that have become home to geese, kikimor, anchutkas and mermaids. In the whirlwind of the adventure, their secrets will be revealed, hidden paths will become visible and the road between worlds will be intertwined.

Ancient tales come to life in a large open labyrinth of gloomy marshes, Slavic villages and centuries-old forests;

To help Alesta in fierce battles with the dangerous mythical creatures are the creatures of the summons – familiars who, from time immemorial, have served the sorcerers. Choose from a variety of familiars with unique abilities;

The world is filled with characters whose destinies are in your hands - the completion of many side quests will determine how this adventure will end;

Respect for all traditions of the meteoroid genre, allowing you to return back in search of secret paths and acquire new skills. The danger of the adventure is emphasized by the possibility of remaining in only certain places;

Fascinating battles with bosses, who have come from Slavic tales and tell us their unique history;

Elements of role-playing games, allowing you to customize the characteristics of Alesta to your individual style of playing.

• Looks great! Love your pixel art.

I would like to see some actual gameplay.

Just voted on greenlight.

• I would like to see some actual gameplay.

You can see gameplay in the second part of the trailer by the way ^_^

• Voted, looks good.

• Lovely Pixel Art indeed.

• I was just thinking, maybe for someone it could be interesting to watch the progress of game development! If so - I will upload new screenshots and gifs regulary, and I'm always here to hear your suggestions and advises!

• This looks great, demo?

• This looks great, demo?

I'm not planning to upload demo on public before the release, but I need to test the build when the game will be almost ready.

So keep this in mind, you can play it later

• Here goes some gif-images and screenshots of stuff I made recently.

• WOW, that is incredible :O

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • so much work on sprite animations, respect!

• This is rrally great, do you plan to port it for mobiles as well after the desktop release?

• This is rrally great, do you plan to port it for mobiles as well after the desktop release?

Actually my main aim is to release this game to PC.

I tried to port my previous game (take a look in the signature) to mobiles, but I faced some problems with performance. I don't really want to deal again with it, but if someone would do it for me - I'll be glad ha-ha

• How in the world did you make that intro cinematic?

• How in the world did you make that intro cinematic?

Oh, that's old intro.

I changed almost everything at the moment, soon you will see the version that isn't so boring haha

But actually, what's the problem to make it? I put all the events on timer. Like, at the start of layout the speed of the object with "scroll to" behavior equals to 0. Then I used "system" command "wait" and made it move after 2 seconds. That made camera to move down. After 1 sec of movement started system creates thunders on the background and etc. Almost everything in the intro works on "wait" function.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)