[CC] GrindSpace Alpha 0.02

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:53 am

Wanted to post it yesterday but the website constantly was rejecting my connection :( Anyway... Here it is!

A whole 2 weeks of hard work, countless hours spent in Photoshop, Sculptis, Audacity and other wonderfull gamedev tools. About 250+ events, in event sheet. But it looks and works in 98% the way i wanted it to be.
Obviously, perhaps 60% of the whole time spent was actual creation. The remaining 40% was pure debugining. But ive learned more then i could dream of.
After one week ive stoped counting the number of times Construct crashed on me erasing hours of my work

Theres not much you can call a gameplay as its just the intro + menu. But fully working and polished with everything i wanted. And belive me - its not just a plain and boring menu :) At least, i tried for it to not be like that.

Music made by Oscar Remius
The rest made by me.

Exclusive for Construct Forums.
Unpack, and run exe.
For your amusement and my pride.
Download

!!READ PLEASE!!
You want to skip clicking "new game" as it leads to nowhere. Focus on the rest. And feel free to click "exit" ;)The_Funny_Guy2011-07-04 18:13:24
B
16
S
5
G
4
Posts: 211
Reputation: 3,767

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:14 pm

that's awesome man!
ImageImageImageImage
B
140
S
58
G
36
Posts: 2,547
Reputation: 31,170

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:08 pm

Is it fullscreen by default ? :)

I'd like to take a loot but I'm at work haha I can't really risk popping a fullscreen game :)
B
6
S
2
G
1
Posts: 122
Reputation: 1,194

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:44 pm

nah its okey. you cn toggle he fullscreen if you want but it has window as default. but a big window so watch out ^^
but you can change that in options.
B
16
S
5
G
4
Posts: 211
Reputation: 3,767

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:24 pm

WoW...I am blown away by how awesome this "Title" menu game is. Animations/graphics everything looks really good. If the game is even half as cool as the intro I'd buy it. :-)
B
8
S
3
G
7
Posts: 835
Reputation: 5,313

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:02 pm

advices. pressing "New game" is preety much pointless at this point. Help does nothing as i havent added anything yet for player to view. this is where the tutorials will be, grindopedia with all weapons, ships, monsters etc and where you will be able to spent GrindPoints at quniue content. GP travels with your from game to game.
Lasers are not how i wanted them to be, but i couldnt figure out how to implement them without eating all the VRAM.
Hatch opening SFX is sometimes doubbled but i also couldnt find the reason why. Also now i noticed that the sound and music volume are kind badly set. Part of the blam takes Audiere plugin which has kind a buggy volume control - sorry R0ju.
Whats missing? Diffrent animation of impacts. Diffrent for laser and for blue ion. also i am missing the "death" animation for Spacebugs.

But putting all this aside...
Thank you very much for the kind words :)
i am a total amature and this is preety much my first game.
I am very greatful!
B
16
S
5
G
4
Posts: 211
Reputation: 3,767

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:23 pm

[quote=]pressing "New game" is preety much pointless [/quote]

yeah manu was so good so i did that. After about 3 minutes i came back and read rest of the post ;P

[quote=]i am a total amature and this is preety much my first game.[/quote]

after what you showed us, I would never guess you are an amateur
ImageImageImageImage
B
140
S
58
G
36
Posts: 2,547
Reputation: 31,170

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:11 pm

i dare you to click "exit" :3 it is quite "custome" too.

And again, you warm my heart with your kind words - thank you =)
B
16
S
5
G
4
Posts: 211
Reputation: 3,767

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 pm

pics sir...?
B
50
S
17
G
15
Posts: 1,029
Reputation: 26,289

Post » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:18 pm

[QUOTE=harrio] pics sir...?[/QUOTE]
Sorry mate, i decided to not post pictures as it would make downloading kind a pointless heh. It would flaten the expirience. Ill start posting pictures when ill get some nice gameplay rolling.
Dont want to make your eyes bleed when you would see current gameplay graphics and their placeholders ^^The_Funny_Guy2011-07-04 18:20:02
B
16
S
5
G
4
Posts: 211
Reputation: 3,767

Next

Return to Your Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests