Celebrating 10 years of the Scirra Forums

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • I just realised the Scirra forums have been running for 10 years now! Our first posts to this incarnation of the forum were in late 2007, where we were concerned with the latest release Construct 0.8, an early version of Construct Classic. We've come on a long way!

In that time we've had over 100,000 topics, 630,000 posts, and 350,000 users signed up. This works out to an average of about 170 posts a day, for 10 years. Also, it looks like about 3.9% of all posts on the forum are mine ??

Thanks to everyone who's been part of the forum over the years! ??

• Congrats! It's been 4 years for me

• Congrats and thanks for this adventure!

• Great community and devs we got here. I've been here for a while now, and this forum was essential in my journey.

• Only been here 9 of the 10, but I still remember fondly the day I found Construct Classic on a magazine demo disk for media creation software

Construct Classic was everything I ever wanted after growing up on KnP / TGF / MMF (aside from when CC editor and runtime are crashing )

I am very glad that Scirra are still doing well for themselves and are continuing with producing game development software that isn't cumbersome to use or "needs code" to do anything worthwhile.

Looking back at my original postings and the change in my experience with Construct when I transitioned from beginner/student to independent game developer, I am excited for Scirra's achievements and pained for the journey left ahead at the same time. As a hobbyist, I love every Construct version and recommend them all in different situations.

However, I am still hoping for much better support from hardware/consoles and software (eg: Chromium) for the platforms that C2+ are using. It's almost viable now for any (and is viable for most) 2D game(s) made in C2+ to compete with other Indie native engines on PC, so I am looking forward to the future of the HTML5/WebGL platforms.

P.S. If anyone wants a "blast from the past", check out this video

• I remember that video! It convinced me to get C2! Very original Xbox with the green; can't wait for the C3 version.

Congratulations on 10 years

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I haven't been here long, but in the short time I've been here, I've noticed some very helpful people on the forums who are very willing to share their knowledge. One of the people I've seen going out of their way to be helpful is NN81

People like that are what make forums succeed. So, congratulations to those, helpful people.

• Time sure flies. I think I started lurking in December that year. Construct at that time had bugs for sure, but still more cool features you could shake a stick at. Great fun though, it was enough to get me hooked. The lively forum goers added to the experience. I recall being able to look at all the posts and downloading all the examples posted as there were only 20 pages or so.

Congrats on a long lived forum.

• I haven't been here long, but in the short time I've been here, I've noticed some very helpful people on the forums who are very willing to share their knowledge. One of the people I've seen going out of their way to be helpful is NN81

People like that are what make forums succeed. So, congratulations to those, helpful people.

much appreciated but i think are lot of better pro people that be worth here.

I am the last arrived and still a beginner.

I'm just a little active lately on the forum, that's all

• I don't visit often but I LOVE this forum site, one of the best really. I never see any drama here.

• nice site

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)