Centauri Sector - Tactical Shooter(Steam Greenlight)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi Guys,

Centauri Sector is now in Alpha 1 and has been released as early access. You can try the demo, vote for us on Steam Greenlight and even support the development by buying the Alpha 1 and get access to the latest full build.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quw8LvSUgaE

Features:

- Pilot your flag ship in a top down 2d combat.
- While in combat manage your shields, power, weapons capacitor and more.
- Engage in advanced tactical combat by forming your own fleet and issuing commands to destroy your enemies.
- Gain new active and passive skills and bonuses by climbing through the ranks.
- Equip your ships with a wide variety of modules and guns.
- Engage in a dynamic war powered by a turn based dynamic campaign that doesn't always plays the same.

Screens:

Image Image Image Image

Site: http://lw-games.com

Last edited by lwgames on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Looks great! Kills me it is so similar to the game I'm developing and is further along, but that's life :) I think most space games tend to draw on the same formulaes though. I'd love to test it. Does this draw inspiration from games like star force gemini and FTL?
Developing Surolace, the survival role playing space game.

surolace-survival-role-playing-space-game_t116953
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:30 pm

skelooth wrote:Looks great! Kills me it is so similar to the game I'm developing and is further along, but that's life :) I think most space games tend to draw on the same formulaes though. I'd love to test it. Does this draw inspiration from games like star force gemini and FTL?

FTL is inspired by older games from Amiga, Star Force Gemini is inspired by Freelancer, my game is inspired from a lot of games i played during the years, like Freelancer, Space Rangers 2, Star Wolfs and so on. They are many similar games in development or released, but they are not the way i like it, and i am sure i will bring something new or unique with it, so i dont see a problem:)

As for your project, i played it a little, similar to Space Nomad, another C2 project, but its mostly for mobile, could work on PC but you will be flamed by PC users, since they aim for more complexity and challenge in their games, but now it depends on what you do in time, maybe some interesting combat, you know better.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Oh yeah, there is literally nothing done in my game but the dialog and initial graphics. The battle system will be every bit as complex as most space games (targeting rooms, starving ships of oxygen, trying to puncture shields, etc). Basically FTL with real time movement, or star force gemini top down. It will have it's own unique twists as well as I plan on making it very dialog heavy and RPGish.

I saw space nomad, and it is also equally impressive from what I saw, I should probably pick up a copy. Thing is, I'd probably enjoy your game too :P I don't have the time resources to work on my stuff full time unfortunately, and I'm not an artist, so 90% of the art has been outsourced so far. If you've done all of this one your own, it's very impressive, especially such a short time!

B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:40 pm

skelooth wrote:Oh yeah, there is literally nothing done in my game but the dialog and initial graphics. The battle system will be every bit as complex as most space games (targeting rooms, starving ships of oxygen, trying to puncture shields, etc). Basically FTL with real time movement, or star force gemini top down. It will have it's own unique twists as well as I plan on making it very dialog heavy and RPGish.

I saw space nomad, and it is also equally impressive from what I saw, I should probably pick up a copy. Thing is, I'd probably enjoy your game too :P I don't have the time resources to work on my stuff full time unfortunately, and I'm not an artist, so 90% of the art has been outsourced so far. If you've done all of this one your own, it's very impressive, especially such a short time!

Thanks for the kinds words. 60% of the graphics is bought, the rest i did it, but i am working full time on this. As for your project i like the way it sounds, build it and they will come:)
Last edited by lwgames on Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:45 pm

@lwgames thanks! Looking forward to seeing your game!

B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Lol guys it's Star Nomad actually... :lol:

I'm amazed that there are a few people work on the same sub-genre, I think so far in C2 this sub-genre has the most attempt by c2 community, in the complex mechanic category. To be honest, I tried create a space-based game months back but stopped doing it because I'm running out of idea to make it different, it felt bloody similar to star nomad.

Anyway I have plans to restart in this sub-genre, probably as a long term side project, with MP awesomesauce :D maybe next year.
I love this sub-genre, so I'll be watching you guys. 8-)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:42 pm

DuckfaceNinja wrote:Lol guys it's Star Nomad actually... :lol:

I'm amazed that there are a few people work on the same sub-genre, I think so far in C2 this sub-genre has the most attempt by c2 community, in the complex mechanic category. To be honest, I tried create a space-based game months back but stopped doing it because I'm running out of idea to make it different, it felt bloody similar to star nomad.

Anyway I have plans to restart in this sub-genre, probably as a long term side project, with MP awesomesauce :D maybe next year.
I love this sub-genre, so I'll be watching you guys. 8-)

its not actually, but its similar in some ways. Like its a space game, top down, and you can customize your ship, there ends the comparison. Nomad mechanics are very simple, basic, but it works for a mobile game. I like the particle effects / explosions. For one man game, it seems that it has a lot of content, but production value and mechanics are very simple, tho for mobile is pretty good.

This sub genre is popular for devs like me, because it requires less graphic assets than usual, since you don't need many custom animations, so i guess that's why many choose a top down space game, action based or tactical. I could go with a turn based full, but this project is 50/50:)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:09 am

thread updated, check the first post for video, demo and more.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:37 am

Looking great so far @lwgames

I like your implementation of squad control and assigning targets. Was it complex to code with C2's event system?

Also your fighter movement is just great, ie. they are always on the move, orbiting etc. Really nicely done.

Keep up the great work and let's hope we'll both (I'm doing SN2 now, designed for PC first!) be able to craft something very respectable for this genre!
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests