[quote="Kr!s":1pcoqg4i]How do you work with sprites?
Care to explain what's going on in that Photoshop window and how to you insert it into the game?
1. What I do is draw my character on paper, so I have some inspiration.
2. Next, I make a new canvas in Photoshop and colour the background layer bright green or pink... basically some colour I'm not going to use in my character design. This makes it easy to see what is going on. If this layer is turned off it leaves a transparency around the character.
3. I make a new layer and start drawing the animation frames for my character. I usually do each one on a new layer and merge it with the master layer once it is complete. That way I can easily compare it size-wise to previous frames and make sure I'm not growing/shrinking my character too much.
(Another handy trick is to find a sprite sheet from another game that has similar animations to what you need, and use it as a template to draw your own character over the top.)
4. After all the animation frames are drawn, I copy each one onto its own canvas excluding the background. Each frame is then saved as a 24bit png with an easy filename, Eg: Character-Run-Right-F1.png, Character-Run-Right-F2.png, etc.
5. Open Construct and put in a new sprite object, then create the appropriate animation sequence. Add the frames for each action into the correct sequence and set the parameters for the animation.