CHAMBER (working title)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:53 pm

Short hair, brunette. Boi-oi-oi-oi-oing!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:03 pm

lol, I think she should have longer hair too, right now she reminds me of those square enix guys that look like girls. No offense. short-haired girls can be hot too
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:44 pm

[quote="Highimpact":3lji6kch]lol, I think she should have longer hair too, right now she reminds me of those square enix guys that look like girls. No offense. short-haired girls can be hot too[/quote:3lji6kch]

All good mate lol. Each to thier own I guess... maybe I'll make it longer if I can be bothered editing 50+ animation frames. I might upload a test.cap so you guys can give your opinion on the movement engine so far. Keep in mind certain animations aren't working quite right just yet, like the crouch animation for example.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:54 pm

ouch, are you gonna put a crawling animation? I could show you the zillion .cap Ive been working on. It has a pretty good movement engine, a combination of platform behavior and custom. It moves almost exactly like I want it but the crawling is hard to get right. I've been having hell with getting these passcoded doors to work with. then on another layout ive been making a more action based scroller.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:05 pm

[quote="Highimpact":1e3omu95]ouch, are you gonna put a crawling animation? I could show you the zillion .cap Ive been working on. It has a pretty good movement engine, a combination of platform behavior and custom. It moves almost exactly like I want it but the crawling is hard to get right. I've been having hell with getting these passcoded doors to work with. then on another layout ive been making a more action based scroller.[/quote:1e3omu95]

I wasn't thinking of a crawling animation... just more of a crouch to duck under certain traps. By all means, if you want to... link me the .cap file... all the input I can get will be a big help! I'm pretty satisfied so far with the result I have achieved though... it's looking pretty good IMO apart from that pesky crouch animation that just doesn't seem to want to act right.

I'm getting close to a test upload... just so you guys can check stuff out.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Alright check it out maybe this can help you, altho the events have some comments that say what they do they are kinda vague and you might have to go a little more indepth. Ill give you a little info here. The platform behavior is on the green rectangle and not the character, same thing as any edited platform behavior. the green rectangle stays the same width no matter what so it doesnt glitch up into the clouds when you crawl by a wall. The height changes however, to allow you to go through small areas. Oh and the reason why I cut the character into two sprites is so he can keep running while shooting. Ill leave it at that I guess.
Controls are:
Left/Right arrow=move left and right
Up arrow= get up from crawling
down arrow= go prone to crawl
X=hold to get ready to jump-release to jump
C=shoot

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... illion.cap

hope it works out for ya
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Cheers man, I'll take a look and see if there is anything that will help out :D

I seem to be grasping the whole platform thing really well... it's just some minor technical difficulties that are stopping me from establishing a clean cosmetic result.

~Sol
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:41 pm

when tracing sprites, at least give credit where it's due :P

most of your character is just a recolored version of Angel from KOF.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:00 pm

[quote="dfyb":2jedvfld]when tracing sprites, at least give credit where it's due :P

most of your character is just a recolored version of Angel from KOF.

[/quote:2jedvfld]

It's slightly more than "recoloured" for starters, more like heavily modified... for instance, completely redesigning the legs, and gourad shading the entire sprite by hand. It's quite known that a method of mine (as well as others) is to use existing charater sheets for an animation template. I'm a good artist, but not a great animator... but whatever.

Anyway, I have made some good progress on the engine tonight over a few too many drinks. Here is a link for those of you who want to check it out and give some feedback. I know certain things aren't working right, like the crouching animation... but anything else you find that's "weird" (regarding play mechanics) please let me know.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/21/ ... e-v0.8.exe

*EDIT*
Controls:

Arrow keys to move
SHIFT to jump
SHIFT (again) to grab ledge and flip up
R to restart frame (test control only)

~Sol
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:13 pm

its kinda smooth but the running doesnt really look right when when you slow down to a stop. also the transition from the handplant is a bit awkward, are there more frames for that animation? is it suppose to end with her upside down and then all of a sudden shes up and ready again? not trying to be picky, just saying its a bit wierd.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations