CHAMBER (working title)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:45 pm

heres some positive feedback: THAT SAWBLADE IS WICKED!!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:50 pm

[quote="dfyb":2yhsuvui][quote="SoldjahBoy":2yhsuvui][quote="dfyb":2yhsuvui]i found a way to break the ledgegrab to where it stops working. keep holding shift after landing completely (you'll bunny hop) -- after doing this, you'll never be able to handplant again unless you exit and restart the .exe. pressing R wouldn't fix it (are you restarting the layout or just respawning/relocating player?).[/quote:2yhsuvui]
I am restarting the layout when you press R.

I cannot reproduce the bug... maybe the easy solution is to disable bunny hop for the character. I will do this for the next build and see if the problem goes away for you. :)

~Sol[/quote:2yhsuvui]
well see my edit. keep holding shift, from the jump until the handplant animation is done and it should break it. are you using global values? perhaps a global value is carrying over even when you restart the layout.[/quote:2yhsuvui]

Yeah I am using some values for different animation states. Perhaps I need to create more "resets" for the base values. I can't seem to repoduce the bug you are talking about, but I have disabled bunny hop and overall it's a better feel anyway. I meant to take that off before but I forgot lol. I'm gonna crash out for now though, it's after 3am... will check tomorrow when I'm more awake and sober. Cheers again for testing this out. I want the movement eingine to be solid before I start making levels and stuff.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:51 pm

[quote="Highimpact":1j2iq418]oh yeah something else thats a bit important, while running toward an edge if I hold shift at the right time she will do the handplant and come back up. its kinda funny[/quote:1j2iq418]
so instead of jumping, she'll handplant on the ledge she was already on? i haven't been able to reproduce this yet.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:52 pm

[quote="Highimpact":3t90ufd6]heres some positive feedback: THAT SAWBLADE IS WICKED!![/quote:3t90ufd6]

SICK! I'm gonna make it better though... with some fancy...er... fancyness. You'll see ;)

~Sol

*EDIT*
I really appreciate the testing guys :)

All this bug feedback will help me get this thing to the state of unbreakable, which is what I want. I just dread the nightmare of fixing simple problems... sometimes the easiest thing can be the most massive problem!

Anyway, goodnight guys! Happy testing. I will be back up in about 5-6 hours so I will continue to tweak this mess until it's "fully sick".
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:57 pm

[quote="dfyb":2eqi97kh][quote="Highimpact":2eqi97kh]oh yeah something else thats a bit important, while running toward an edge if I hold shift at the right time she will do the handplant and come back up. its kinda funny[/quote:2eqi97kh]
so instead of jumping, she'll handplant on the ledge she was already on? i haven't been able to reproduce this yet.[/quote:2eqi97kh]

Yeah just jump onto the wall section on the right between the pit and the lava and then run to the left and hold shift when you reach the edge. it only seems to do that when you restart the layout with 'R' tho.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:59 pm

[quote="SoldjahBoy":1u9al6tj]

Yeah I am using some values for different animation states. Perhaps I need to create more "resets" for the base values. I can't seem to repoduce the bug you are talking about, but I have disabled bunny hop and overall it's a better feel anyway. I meant to take that off before but I forgot lol. I'm gonna crash out for now though, it's after 3am... will check tomorrow when I'm more awake and sober. Cheers again for testing this out. I want the movement eingine to be solid before I start making levels and stuff.

~Sol[/quote:1u9al6tj]
you could also use private values instead. i use private values for gameplay stuff regarding the player character (jumps and special moves or whatever).
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:06 pm

One technique for animations if you use photoshop is to create an image, say 128x128, and draw each frame as a separate layer...or use folders if you require more than 1 layer....then you can flick them on and off and photoshop has some neat features, like the ability to export each layer as separate files, or export as an animaton, etc. Thats how the graphics were done for braid.

http://www.davidhellman.net/braid/anima ... s-main.zip

Then you can just use the import dialog in the animation bar to bring them in.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:06 am

[quote="dfyb":3lojc1c0][quote="SoldjahBoy":3lojc1c0]

~Sol[/quote:3lojc1c0]
you could also use private values instead. i use private values for gameplay stuff regarding the player character (jumps and special moves or whatever).[/quote:3lojc1c0]

That's what I am using. I think I need to make a "reset event" then call that event after certain actions are performed.

~Sol
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:07 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":lcipwuny][quote="dfyb":lcipwuny][quote="SoldjahBoy":lcipwuny]

~Sol[/quote:lcipwuny]
you could also use private values instead. i use private values for gameplay stuff regarding the player character (jumps and special moves or whatever).[/quote:lcipwuny]

That's what I am using. I think I need to make a "reset event" then call that event after certain actions are performed.

~Sol[/quote:lcipwuny]
weird... because i created a test app that tests whether or not private values are reset when layout is restarted (change layout to itself). global values aren't reset but private values are reset.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:50 am

[quote="David":2qxjipt1]One technique for animations if you use photoshop is to create an image, say 128x128, and draw each frame as a separate layer...or use folders if you require more than 1 layer....then you can flick them on and off and photoshop has some neat features, like the ability to export each layer as separate files, or export as an animaton, etc. Thats how the graphics were done for braid.

http://www.davidhellman.net/braid/anima ... s-main.zip

Then you can just use the import dialog in the animation bar to bring them in.[/quote:2qxjipt1]

Those guys are freaking geniuses (David and Jonathan).
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations