change 8 directions by Letters A,S,D,W,X...?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 pm

It seems to me that your method would set angle to 90 everytime you hit S. What happens when you hit S repeatedly? It's really a simple thing to do, all you have to do is look. I'll give you a step-by-step when I get home tonight, but just take a look through all the actions anyways to get yourself more familiar with the engine. It will really help you out a lot. Also try using all the actions to see what they do and you should be able to come up with solutions to problems much more complex than this :)

*EDIT*

Okay here is what you have to do:

Create a new event -> Keyboard -> On key pressed -> Where it says <click to choose> click it -> Press W -> Press OK -> Press Done

Create an action -> On the very top it says 8Direction, click Simulate control which is in that section -> Where it says control, choose Up.

Voila you now have W control your Up arrow movement. Do that with the rest of the keys and you should be set. I hope this helps you.

*/EDIT*
kiasta2011-12-01 03:03:49
B
G

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Kiasta!! THANKS by the step by step!but I have a question. all is ok but when I stay in:
Create an action -> On the very top it says 8Direction.... (I cant see 8Direction I only see System, bullet, Explosion, Fuerza2, Mouse, Monster, PLayer, text, texbox and Tiledbackground. But I cant see 8Direction :(
O I forget say I have for this moment a trial version my error is for not have buy a licence?

You are a good person for help and have patiente :)

Gracias
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:37 pm

8direction is a behavior belonging to one of the objects.
So in the expression/action windows you first have to select the object with the behavior, and then you'll be able to access the actions of the behavior itself.

Licensed or not, it works the same.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Oh thanks Kyatric now work very fine!. but only one aclaration is:

Kiasta say: Create a new event -> Keyboard -> On key pressed ->
but it dont work

I change by:
Create a new event -> Keyboard -> key is down ->

thank you Kiasta and Kyatric!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Yeah I meant while key is down, sorry about that.
B
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?