Change fullscreen mode on event.

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • My app uses crop mode to handle multiple sizes of mobile browser to avoid the black bars of letterbox. However, when not on a mobile device, I want to switch back into letterbox. I tried doing:

Browser->request fullscreen - Stretch (letterbox scale)

but this has no effect (in IE and FF at least).

Does anyone know how to change the scale mode in an event sheet?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think this can be done, as it has never really been needed except for niche applications like this. Perhaps you could export two versions?

• Check the manual entry for the Browser object:

b]Request fullscreen

Request that the browser enter fullscreen mode. Note the browser may ignore this request unless the action is in a user-initiated event, such as a mouse click, key press, touch event or button press.

In other words, you cannot automatically enter a fullscreen mode in the browser. You have to request fullscreen in an 'on click' or 'on key pressed' event.

Also, IE does not support switching in to fullscreen at all. It only works in Chrome and Firefox.

• Is there a reason, why this isn't working with gamepad buttons, too? For me this counts as a "user-initiated event".

• Why can we leave fullscreen with a gamepad button but not enter the fullscreen mode?

Why is there a difference between a keyboard key and a Gamepad Button on doing this?

Any news about this problem? Is this issue fixed on construct 3?

• Why can we leave fullscreen with a gamepad button but not enter the fullscreen mode?

Why is there a difference between a keyboard key and a Gamepad Button on doing this?

Any news about this problem? Is this issue fixed on construct 3?

I'm having this same issue. I've recently added an option in my game to toggle fullscreen on or off. It works perfectly fine using a keyboard button to toggle, and gamepad works when I'm turning off fullscreen, but I can't turn fullscreen on with the controller button. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Bump. Any help would be appreciated for my comment above.

• guys fullscreen wont work until interaction happens. I do this by adding event touch like on any touch> go fullscreen. It works 100%

• guys fullscreen wont work until interaction happens. I do this by adding event touch like on any touch> go fullscreen. It works 100%

No that isn't the problem. I can set it to go fullscreen just fine with a keyboard button or a mouse click, but it won't work with a gamepad button to turn on fullscreen, but works fine if it's turning off fullscreen. I wanted my game to have full-controller support on Steam when I eventually publish it there, so this would be a problem since the player would have to use the mouse or keyboard to turn on fullscreen.

• Taz The gamepad works to request full screen here.

• Taz The gamepad works to request full screen here.

What Construct 2 build are you on? Could you write what your event looks like to request full screen with a gamepad?

• beta 256

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)