Change mouse cursor

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:21 am

you can set a global variable for mouseover and then a button click for your building and set the global variable to 1. and when ever its set to 1 by using cursor is over building and inverting it you can change the type of cursors by setting them from sprite and also setting that sprite's x, y coordinate to the mouse and choose another mouse button like the right button when ever clicked it changes back the mouse cursor to the usual one you have along with setting the building cursor to lout of layout or something. i hope it helped you, otherwise i can send you a little demonstration with the help of a construct file..there might be other simple ways to do it but i figured this out for my own game..
Udain Tomar
Game Designer

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:58 pm

I found this post and it helped me discover a new solution to the same issue.

I think that there's a new functionality on Construct that may aid.
You can now use the following logic:

When Mouse Cursor is over "Object 1" -> Mouse Set Cursor to "Hand"

If you don't want your mouse stuck as a hand then you must add an inverse condition:

When Mouse Cursor is Over "Background" AND Mouse cursor is NOT over "Object 1" -> Mouse Set Cursor to "Normal"

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 12:23 am

Just set Mouse: set cursor to None, and then have a sprite follow your mouse.x and mouse.y every tick.

Return to How do I....?