change size without stopping physics

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi Kyatric,

In my example, I wanted it to shrink whenever it collides, so it's correct the way it works. What I didn't want was the physics to stop.

I'm pretty sure I'm up to date... at work (lunch... :p) ATM, so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure it's the latest version... I recall having families.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:30 pm

@Ashley: r76 here.
Nevertheless even if I thought the behavior in AnD4D was an optical illusion (the sprite is moved/shrinked at the same time => gives the impression it does not move), check with this capx.
Apparently the shrinking "blocks" the red sprite movement (in that case, straight falling, black sprite hasn't any behavior).
I've modified the values to make it obvious and I would have expected the red sprite to keep on falling through the black sprite, shrinking, not getting "blocked" on it.

Or I am missing something here.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Nope, that's what I see too! The one I put together was just a quick one. My first attempt was a lot slower and more obvious.

Sooo... does this count as a bug again? Wonder how that snuck back in!
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:41 am

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having this problem too. The example from @kyatric explains it perfectly.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?