change sprite animation inside bonemovement

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:58 am

I'd like to be able to change the current animation for the sprite/bone in a keyframe.

This can make for very complex animations. Could be done with events... but so could bone movements, it's just easier to animate if its in the behaviour.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:05 pm

Me too! :D
Btw I think smth like that is possible, you just need to create a function in event sheet, like:
if (compare animation frame(in the bone section) - there you must assign a bone animation's frame number), then (sprite ? A - Set Animation Frame ? B). Hope I'm right. Or ask David about that.
But: your idea is to make this process more comfortable as I understand. I think they cannot make that yet. Maybe if I will learn bones in Construct better, I'll make a contribution like advanced bone animation. At least I hope so.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:06 pm

Sry, didn't read your post carefully! Maybe they are working on that. :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:29 am

Also, making a bone invisible or visible in a keyframe in the animation editor would be really useful.
Like, for weapons or gear. Or even facial animation (though facial would be easier by just changing between animations)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Also, opacity. Actually one might want even MORE stuff to be editable in keyframes. Maybe just allowing interpolation of private variables in the animation editor would let you handle the rest in a simple event from outside?

It seems someone found a way to solve this though ([url:3j6raify]http://www.scirra.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3174[/url:3j6raify]). Will try it soon.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:08 pm

By the sounds of it I think I'm going to have to add separate properties for each limb/bone.

So you could click the arm, and you'd have (idealy) options for width, height, animation name, animation frame?, filter, opacity, visibility, etc.

If only my uni homework would do itself for me :(
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Yeah I just realised there are too many things to animate.
If you could add "binding" private variables to BoneMovement and then set their values as keyframes and the interpolation type, one could use simple events (on every tick) to tie them to whatever.

Example:

in BoneMovement current animation
Bound private variables:
+limb1opacity

in current animation frames set each frame's value

*always: Limb1: set Opacity to Root.limb1opacity

with that done you could control many many things using BoneMovement.
I tried doing something similar synching a timeline with BoneMovement, but timeline is missing critical stuff which prevent one from interpolating.

Edit: also, can bones be removed? Whenever I add a wrong bone seems I have to do it all over again.
B
S
G

Return to Construct Classic Discussion