Change sprite's image at runtime ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi all,
could I have some help on that please : When my app starts, uses a visible sprite which already I have given an image to display.

Also the app has some other non-visible sprites - I use them only to keep their respective images. Now, what I want is to be able to load the image of any of the non-visible sprites, to the visible one, by keeping the other visible sprite's properties (name etc).

I tried to make use of load image from URI but could not figure out how it works.

Is it possible to do what I describe ? Thank you in advance.
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:19 am

Why do you have to retrieve the image from a different object?

making an image appear is often the case of simply creating that sprite which already contains the image in it's animation/frames.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:41 am

It sounds like you want to keep actually swop out the object, not just the image during runtime, so that all the object properties, events etc move with the image. Did I understand correctly. I think if you look at families in the manual it might solve your problem combined with what @keepee suggested. Be aware you need a personal license to use families.
B
S

Return to How do I....?