Changing colour of specific words in a string

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:22 pm

I was wondering can the text object change colours of particular line of text?

This is what I mean.

string is:
"Enter" + NewLine + "Exit"

Then it should be:
Enter
Exit

If I were to use text object I could change the colour of all text to red. However, I do not know how to change the colour of 1 line or a section of the string to red (or any other colour)

If I could change the colour of particular text it would look something like:
Enter
Exit

Is there actually some kind of tags (like in html/css) that I could add into the string to modify the colours? Or is the text of the text object is just a long line of string?
B
G

Post » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:37 am

It is one string, colored once.
You could create several instances of a text object, one for every line of text and set the text and the color seperately. You could pick the right text line by using a pv set to the line number of that text line.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:48 am

So in other words doing:

<color=red>Enter</color>
<color=green>Exit</color>

will not work. I in fact have to create multiple text objects to create the effect that I want. Well this makes it a bit difficult.
B
G

Post » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Oh actually If there was an easy way to do it It would have helped me a lot on my project too. Beceause on my project I give player a text. Than I want player to write it fast. If he writes a letter wrong than change that letter's color to red if its true change color to green. It would be perfect.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:22 am

[QUOTE=jangsy5] So in other words doing:

<color=red>Enter</color>
<color=green>Exit</color>

will not work. I in fact have to create multiple text objects to create the effect that I want. Well this makes it a bit difficult.[/QUOTE]

There is an HTML object, if you feel like toying around with that.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic