Changing text wrapping property

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Simplistic hyper-casual game with nature elements. Tap to switch between the 4 elements and reach a better score.
  • Hi there,

I wondered if anyone knew how we could change the text wrapping property of a text box (from word to character) in game?

The reason for this is language support. Our game is being developed in English and Japanese, we have the branching dialogue script as separate XML files and use the ajax plug in, this works fine with no problems.

The issue is that Japanese needs character wrapping and English needs word wrapping. There is not a text action to change the text wrapping property.

There are a few work arounds – using a separate (invisible) text box for Japanese and switching which is used based on language selection, or hard formatting the XML.

But the cleanest way would be to simply switch the text box wrapping feature from word to character.

Can anyone think of a way to do this? Am I missing something obvious? Or Ashley could this be added as a text box action?

Thank you.

• You might try this 3rd party behavior to change the wrapping mode in event sheet.

• rexrainbow Thank you! Your plugin would be fantastic, exactly what I'm looking for. But unfortunately I am getting an error on C2 start up after placing it in the plugin folder:

[quote:8ixdigkf]Unable to load plug in: `E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Construct2\Construct2-Win64\exporters\html5\plugins\rex_text_properties\` : Found `GetPluginSettings` global, but it is not a function. This plugin will not be available in the editor.

Do you know what might be causing that problem?

• Put it into behaviors folder, not plugins folder.

• rexrainbow

D'oh! - been a long day! I hooked it up and it's a perfect fix to the problem. Works nicely. I really appreciate the help. Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Life savior plugin. Very very big thanks.

• EXACTLY what i need! Thank you so much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)