Character Generator (name subject to change)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 2:12 am

I'm creating a program that generates character traits for a text based RPG/simulation game.
It doesn't contain much content as I'm just figuring out how events and whatnot snap together, in fact, I've just figured out how to use else properly.
I know a fair bit about math and probability so I don't see much challenge so far outside of implementing equations and ideas properly.

The game will be set in a galaxy where multiple intelligent races are connected via interstellar trade and technology.
I will eventually have a generator for each race, which I want to have done by the end of next month, then I'll get started on generating other aspects of the game, and then I'll get started on the actual game.

As mentioned in the title, the name is subject to change. This is due to the fact that the game will evolve from character generator into a fully fledged and fleshed out space trading simulator, and it will go through several phases between now and the end product.

Link to my "game"
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-games/human-gen-7813
Last edited by Magikarp on Thu May 19, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
7
S
1
G
2
Posts: 16
Reputation: 1,392

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 1:48 pm

I like it. It should have a name generator too!
B
8
S
2
Posts: 55
Reputation: 654

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Miksu112 wrote:I like it. It should have a name generator too!

Good call!
I was trying to get everything onto a Trello board, and this is one thing I don't have, thanks!
Now I have to figure out how to pick a random name from a .txt...
B
7
S
1
G
2
Posts: 16
Reputation: 1,392

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Magikarp wrote:
Miksu112 wrote:I like it. It should have a name generator too!

Good call!
I was trying to get everything onto a Trello board, and this is one thing I don't have, thanks!
Now I have to figure out how to pick a random name from a .txt...


I'm sorry to bother, but could you please give some feedback on my upcoming game? I just asked feedback and nobody replied... youll find it near the top of the WiP/Feedback Requests topic list.

tenks



:)
B
8
S
2
Posts: 55
Reputation: 654

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 4:52 pm

@Miksu112
Miksu112 wrote:I'm sorry to bother, but could you please give some feedback on my upcoming game? I just asked feedback and nobody replied... youll find it near the top of the WiP/Feedback Requests topic list.

tenks
:)


Please don't hijack a thread with an unrelated / off topic request. You already have your own thread.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
Moderator
B
131
S
29
G
81
Posts: 5,328
Reputation: 56,630


Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KeeghanM and 3 guests