Character moves by itself

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:08 am

[QUOTE=brockatkinson] I think it happens when you are pressing a direction, and the frame skips, and it 'remembers' that movement state, and keeps walking in that direction.

I have the same problem on a 4870.

The way to fix it in-game is quite simple; walk in the direction your character is walking, and it will reset.

To fix the actual bug? I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]

The same thing is happening to me using Chrome with one of the games I am working on. Your quick fix works. I'm glad to know that my game works correctly for people with good graphic cards.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:24 am

Hey man, don't knock the 4850 and 4870 series of cards; they were the cards back in 2009. They're still not terrible by any means.

I think it's perhaps because Chrome doesn't utilize the GPU as much as it possibly could that leads to this problem.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:00 am

Ya, I agree it has to just be a browser support issue with Chrome because my game works flawlessly with Firefox, IE9, Opera, and Safari. Well maybe not so flawlessly with Firefox but close.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 am

Well maybe that will solve all xD, never tested with another browser, just IE8 and because I don't really like IE. Going to try with IE9 and see if it's still making it buggy.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic