Character won't jump if running left with up button down

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:19 am

Basically, I set up some custom controls.

The up arrow key makes the player aim up. Left arrow key makes him run left and right arrow key makes him run right.
The jump key is the space button.

My problem is, if I am running right with the up button down, and then press space to jump. He jumps.
But if I am running left with the up button down, and then press space to jump. He doesn't jump. ← Problem

This only happens if I'm running left with the up button down, if I release it he can jump fine.
I've tried disabling several events to check if they are clashing or something and they're not.

Any suggestions?

Here's a couple screenshots with my controls and animations:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:31 am

imho, maybe you can change 1st keyboard all, 2nd gamepad
when still prototyping is it working?

mochiz
B

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:28 pm

What do you mean?
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Space don't work when you hold up and left. Change it to X or Z.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:10 pm

Oh I didn't know that. Do you know if there's any such problem with game-pads?

Thank you a lot Roal465!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40 pm

It is a keyboard limitation only if I am correct (and not all keyboards have it).
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Thanks for the information! Are there any similar limitations I should know about?
Banned User
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?