check failure - r120.2

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Sorry i'm not using the bug template, but I don't think it applies here.

Got this a moment ago:
Check failure!
Expression exception during export.

Condition: false
File: Projects\Parameters.cpp
Line: 809
Function class era::IExpression *__cdecl
EventParameterERACallback::GetExpression(void) const
Build: release 120.2 (64-bit) checked
Componen: Construct 2 IDE
(Last Win32 error: 0)

(it would be great if in future versions, these errors could be easily selected for copy and paste, cos writing them from screen to forums is a pain :)

I used a loader layout in one of my projects, I went to project properties and changet it to not use the loader layout and deleted the layout that was used as a loader layout, previously changing the "first layout" to some other.

In the loader layout I could have had (sorry if its not proper english - not my alma mater :) a constant global value, so it may be related to it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:24 am

I'm getting this same error oddly enough. I haven't tried re-installing yet. I was just coming to see if there was a solution already :C.

Index2013-02-23 00:47:53
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:29 am

[quote]Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox[/quote]
And so after all you need to do is press ctrl+V to paste it in the forum...

In any case provide a capx and precise steps to reproduce the error, the bug template ALWAYS apply.

@Index: the error is not the same that Ranma reported.
Please fill a proper bug report with detailed steps and capx.

Closed until filled with all the missing informations.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:33 am

that's fine with me, everything you need to recreate the bug is in the original post, I just wanted to be helpful (for once ;) but if you think this bug is closed - no problem for me to be honest.

also the "hit ctrl+c" doesnt work for me for some reason, that is why I suggested to make it a textarea of some kind. you want a capx with that? ;)

now in all serioussness, don't get me wrong, but it's not me that should be pursuing a non bugged ide, it's scirra. closing a bug report just because it doesnt fit into general bug report template is not equal to fixing it.

cheers anyhow.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 pm

It really is impossible for us to investigate issues without a .capx and full steps to reproduce. This issue is very likely to be related to the particular project you used so it is absolutely necessary to always provide it.

@Index - that appears to be a different issue, but it looks like something to do with third party plugins. Post a new thread with a complete bug report if you can reproduce it without using any third party plugins.

tl;dr - if you don't use the bug report template there is a 90% chance your issue will be closed without even being looked at.Ashley2013-02-23 14:24:04
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:45 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] It really is impossible for us to investigate issues without a .capx and full steps to reproduce. This issue is very likely to be related to the particular project you used so it is absolutely necessary to always provide it.
[/QUOTE]
it's not, that's what I'm telling you from the start, you can use blank new project, add loader layout, add a constant variable to it, use some action with the constant in second layout and remove the loader layout. bang - crash + project corrupted :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:52 pm

I must have missed the submit button when I made a post (in this thread) about the issue. Anyway, ya- I think it's an old bug from when I broke a plugin and never wanted to search for which one it was. (AKA, I just have a folder filled with old plugins)

Thanks for the help though. The guy above me posted how to reproduce his issue.

Cheers.

EDIT: Posted in a thread that was closed and there's no way to delete my post. >.<Index2013-02-23 18:54:45
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:52 pm

posting the exact steps to reproduce from blank new project:

1) add second layout with event sheet
2) in the event sheet 2 add a new global constant variable - VARIABLE1
3) in the event sheet 1 add a new event with condition compare two values, one of them is your "VARIABLE1" constant
4) delete the event sheet 2.
5) run game, save, etc - you get error - probably caused by referencing a removed constant.

hope that helps.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks, from that list of steps I could repro and it should be fixed for next build. Please always include steps like that right away, it makes it far easier to resolve issues.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs