Cherche Le Zavr (a lil game)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:32 am

I didn't mean that I couldn't run it, I just meant it lagged too much for me, so can you also add a ini file or something which stores whether motion blur is on (1) or off (0)?
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:50 pm

My card supports motion blur. It works with other examples. But in this case i have no idea what is going wrong.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:58 pm

Hmm..darn, I've just realized that doing motion blur check via layout or even INI won't work cause it doesn't check whether your hardware can support it or not but whether is MB turned on or off in application effects menu. Ayayayayay. If anyone has any idea as to how to go about it, or..umm, how to actually check (if possible) whether mb can be displayed or not..uh, please let me know. In meantime I guess I'll leave these two separate versions. :oops:

Also, sami, can you play it at all with motion blur or the lag is too heavy?
B
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:04 pm

Set motion blur off in application properties, and then on start of layout, if motion blur is supported, turn it on.

Ideally though you should provide an in-game option to turn it off even if it's supported, because it can slow down old video cards a lot (5x motion blur means 5x as much rendering work is done).
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:22 pm

Hmm...that's exactly what I did with that latest upload right up there. I turned off in app properties motion blur then on layout start I've put if MB is supported to turn on, otherwise it's turned off.
I just have no means to test whether that works cause since my card do support mb, it's always turned on when I test it. If someone who's hardware doesn't support mb can test that version and see if the mb indeed turns off~that would be quite swell. :D

Yeah, I can also try to add it to menu to turn on/off thingie too (but only if this method really works).

Thanks!
B
G

Post » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:35 pm

Neither. Motion blur works and if not over done my card can handle it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:03 am

Darn, I've no idea why it won't work :(. However, I've added the option in menu to turn On/Off motion blur. It is written to Ini so you only have to select your option once (by default I've put it to ON :D). Hopefully this might work for some people, dunno what to say.

Also, seems like I can't edit my own post as I would probably delete the previous download links and put only this download to the first post. Soo..if admin or someone can do that~I would much appreciate it :oops: .
Thanks.

link

http://www.2shared.com/file/3652905/d10 ... final.html
B
G

Post » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:56 pm

Worked fine for me (performance-wise... there is a small problem with the destroyable wall).

Very cool art style, though. 8)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:11 pm

I updated your link on your first post :)

And HOLY SHEET THAT IS AMAZING! Took me a few gos to work out how to get to the end of the game....kept getting destroyed by that missile..took me ages to work out the bomb could take out the missile lol! It's a shame the game is so short but at the same time I'm glad its a game i actually managed to get to the end :P I

btw...how did u think up all that crazy stuff?!

Um I noticed a couple of bugs though...like the animation getting stuck...and at some point I jumped up and disappeared...

And the runtime seems to occasionally crash too...would it be possible for you to email me the cap file...those runtime crashes shouldn't happen.

And last...any tips on how you do your artwork?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Thanks! :D

Yeah, the game was just experiment with stuff I've seen in Construct, thus everything from physix to some rts movement, a bit of random stuff, particles..just learning this way what can be done.

Due to that, the game itself is very inefficient, horribly I may say as I had no idea how to do some things so I had to come up with 'workarounds' for every problem which in turn might have bloated up the whole thing. Just like those things you mentioned like getting stuck at the wall and disappearance.

Inspiration- SciFi/Horror B movies...Stalin...messer chups, zombies. :D

I'll PM you the cap but be aware of two things-
It's horrible.
It's horrible.

Gfx are all done in Graphics Gale, using the tablet (makes things easy). Simply draw a shape and fill with flat darkest color. Select lighter color than previous than draw inside the shape again and repeat the process about two to three more times depending on how many gradients or variations of the same color you want/need (I usually go for 4).

Use dithering in between two colors to 'smooth' them up if needed. Just go from dark to light, makes things that much easier. Oh, and Zoom In frequently.

B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations