Chiptune style music given away almost 100% free

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:46 pm

What kind of project are you working? haha I'd like to try tailoring something to your specifications! If that's okay with you anyway.
B
S

Post » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:16 pm

Well, that'd be awesome! My project is this one:

greed-a-proc-gen-dungeon-crawler-sort-of-thing_t96259

I'm currently working on adding a boss room to it - the doors will lock as soon as you get inside and you'll be stuck in there until you kill the boss or he kills you, so I want the music to be quite dark and dramatic. In terms of the mood, it's got kind of a Heretic-ish dark fantasy thing going on, so I was imagining maybe some sort of 'scary chiptuney metal' for the boss theme... if that makes any sense!

Here's a link to the Heretic soundtrack as well, which might give a better idea of the sort of mood I'm shooting for (although it doesn't necessarily need to sound like this):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0yxSjv ... B5264C9003

Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :D I'm working on this whenever I get a spare few hours, which isn't as often as I'd like at the moment, but I'm hoping to have the boss room update completed this week.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:58 am

Okay, I tried to channel the Dark fantasy vibe of Heretic (Which is also one of my childhood favorite games) and I tried to get metal with it, so you'll notice the drums are very influenced by my metal background,

The track is entitled "Opression"
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:54 am

Really nice job! I've listened to it a few times and I really like it. But I still just don't really think it sounds right for this particular case - I'm not really sure how to explain what I want cos I have no musical aptitude at all, I just know it when I hear it, and unfortunately that just isn't it. Like I said, I'm really picky about my sound design :P

I don't want to waste any more of your time and I hope you're not too put out about it - your music is great and I hope you keep making it. I'm sure there are lots of people on here who'd love to have something like this in their games, I'll be sure to direct them to you if anyone asks!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:02 pm

haha thats okay man, I gave it a shot.

But yeah, I'll keep churning them out, maybe in the future one of them will tickle your fancy =)
B
S

Previous

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests