Choosing the right software question

Post » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:44 am

Hello guys I'm planning how can I develop my game properly and I don't know at this point what to do:

I want to add Spine animations to my game in C3, but at the moment this is not possible.

So ¿What are the options?

1. Buy Construct 2 and use the spine plugin (It seems it doesn't work too well based in reviews) and wait until they release a Spine plugin for C3, and then export the project and keep working on it.
Cons: Need to buy Construct 2 (having already C3) and I don’t know when the spine plugin for C3 will be released.

2. Buy construct 2 and Spriter. Start to make the game and then export the project to C3 when there is a plugin.
Cons: Need to buy Construct 2 and Spriter. I have never used spriter. I don’t know when the spriter plugin for c3 will be released.

3.Use another game engine that has spine better integrated.
Cons: programming won’t be as intuitive as C2/C3.

What are your suggestions? Are there any other options?
Thanks for your answers it will help to solve this important question.
B
14
S
6
Posts: 39
Reputation: 1,185

Post » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:00 am

I think maybe your best bet (if you want to stick with Construct) is make animations in spriter or spine and then export still frames / spritesheets?

It's not ideal for the work load you do as a developer, but you will have better performance since animations of each tiny part don't need to be calculated in real time that way anymore.
Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
133
S
43
G
18
Posts: 2,246
Reputation: 20,754

Post » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:20 am

Jayjay wrote:I think maybe your best bet (if you want to stick with Construct) is make animations in spriter or spine and then export still frames / spritesheets?

It's not ideal for the work load you do as a developer, but you will have better performance since animations of each tiny part don't need to be calculated in real time that way anymore.


thanks for your answer Jayjay. One of the reasons i would like to use Spine/Spritter is for Blending Animations.
I tried exporting frame by frame but I didn't get any good results :oops:
B
14
S
6
Posts: 39
Reputation: 1,185

Post » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:16 am

I had a feeling that was something you wanted to do. It's possible to do with sprite frames (especially if you treat the legs as one object and the top torso as another for example) but does mean a lot of brute-force generation of sprites.
Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
133
S
43
G
18
Posts: 2,246
Reputation: 20,754

Post » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:50 am

Jayjay wrote:I had a feeling that was something you wanted to do. It's possible to do with sprite frames (especially if you treat the legs as one object and the top torso as another for example) but does mean a lot of brute-force generation of sprites.


yeah I was trying this afternoon to implement spriter animations in C2 and both works at the moment pretty decent.The blending is smooth and there is a lot of room to play and experiment with.

but the thing is that i have to buy spriter and C2 having C3 if i want to start my project now! :shock:
B
14
S
6
Posts: 39
Reputation: 1,185

Post » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 pm

maranpis wrote:Hello guys I'm planning how can I develop my game properly and I don't know at this point what to do:

I want to add Spine animations to my game in C3, but at the moment this is not possible.

So ¿What are the options?

1. Buy Construct 2 and use the spine plugin (It seems it doesn't work too well based in reviews) and wait until they release a Spine plugin for C3, and then export the project and keep working on it.
Cons: Need to buy Construct 2 (having already C3) and I don’t know when the spine plugin for C3 will be released.

2. Buy construct 2 and Spriter. Start to make the game and then export the project to C3 when there is a plugin.
Cons: Need to buy Construct 2 and Spriter. I have never used spriter. I don’t know when the spriter plugin for c3 will be released.

3.Use another game engine that has spine better integrated.
Cons: programming won’t be as intuitive as C2/C3.

What are your suggestions? Are there any other options?
Thanks for your answers it will help to solve this important question.


I don’t know if this is an option, but is it possible to put the game on hold until the C3 screen draw API is released? It will be made available eventually, as there are a huge number of plugins that require it.
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
58
S
22
G
26
Posts: 454
Reputation: 18,738

Post » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:26 pm

@maranpis


I think I'm missing something here that I didn't understand properly :D but isn't that when you by C2 license after that C3 was announced you get the one Year free for C3? I'm asking because you saying you have the C3 license already so if you have that you should have the license for C2 and the only one you would have to pay every year is the c3 having the c2 forever unless I'm missing something, it looks to me like you should have both licenses therefor you will have both options to use and test.

does this what I wrote make any sense to you? I know probably you have a good reason for that but I thought to commented just in case you overlooked it
B
48
S
30
G
91
Posts: 357
Reputation: 50,872

Post » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:57 am

cjbruce wrote:
maranpis wrote:Hello guys I'm planning how can I develop my game properly and I don't know at this point what to do:

I want to add Spine animations to my game in C3, but at the moment this is not possible.

So ¿What are the options?

1. Buy Construct 2 and use the spine plugin (It seems it doesn't work too well based in reviews) and wait until they release a Spine plugin for C3, and then export the project and keep working on it.
Cons: Need to buy Construct 2 (having already C3) and I don’t know when the spine plugin for C3 will be released.

2. Buy construct 2 and Spriter. Start to make the game and then export the project to C3 when there is a plugin.
Cons: Need to buy Construct 2 and Spriter. I have never used spriter. I don’t know when the spriter plugin for c3 will be released.

3.Use another game engine that has spine better integrated.
Cons: programming won’t be as intuitive as C2/C3.

What are your suggestions? Are there any other options?
Thanks for your answers it will help to solve this important question.


I don’t know if this is an option, but is it possible to put the game on hold until the C3 screen draw API is released? It will be made available eventually, as there are a huge number of plugins that require it.


Hello cjbruce excuse me for my ignorance :oops: but what the C3 screen draw API is about?
B
14
S
6
Posts: 39
Reputation: 1,185

Post » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:02 am

tarek2 wrote:@maranpis


I think I'm missing something here that I didn't understand properly :D but isn't that when you by C2 license after that C3 was announced you get the one Year free for C3? I'm asking because you saying you have the C3 license already so if you have that you should have the license for C2 and the only one you would have to pay every year is the c3 having the c2 forever unless I'm missing something, it looks to me like you should have both licenses therefor you will have both options to use and test.

does this what I wrote make any sense to you? I know probably you have a good reason for that but I thought to commented just in case you overlooked it


I only have the C3 license and as far as i know i can only have the C3. If you have the license for the C2 you can have a a free license year with the C3 but if you have the C3 you can't have the C2 for free ¿am I right?
B
14
S
6
Posts: 39
Reputation: 1,185

Post » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:41 am

Indeed, if you directly bought a C3 license, you do not have the C2 license for free. The offer only works for those who knew about C2 before C3 and knew that buying a C2 license would provide a year of C3 subscription.

The draw API is a part of the C3 SDK that is to be developed, allowing third-part addons to make draw calls from their addons and take over the canvas in order to draw themselves directly in.

That's what the Spine team is waiting for before porting their addon to C3 as well as a few of other addons, as already mentioned.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
Moderator
B
304
S
123
G
99
Posts: 7,358
Reputation: 73,460

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ex32 and 0 guests