Christian Game Developers

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:16 am

Oh, there's the problem. People think Rhindon's forum is at this web site (scirra), when he clearly states his forum is on Facebook.

Now, while I don't believe it's a problem having a forum for Christians to discuss Christian themes in games here at scirra.com's forums, it might be better to have it off-site, since it isn't necessarily scirra-product specific (despite the fact that this is an OPEN TOPIC FORUM!).

GOOD NIGHT! :-)
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:49 am

@cklester - Yeah. There are those sad cases where individuals will find any reason to get uptight. I do not agree with the major tenets of such other beliefs as you mentioned, but you're right, I'd be just fine if such sub-forums existed. That's fine with me.

But again, I do want to express understanding of @Ashley's concern, too. This is a sensitive topic and, clearly, since someone complained about this SINGLE post, there ARE those who are just TOO sensitive. That's unfortunately gonna cause unneeded unrest within a great place like Scirra. That just isn't fair to anyone else. While I really do want to share my faith so others can make a well-informed decision for themselves, I do know this is NOT a Christian-oriented site as a whole. That's why I keep any mention of my beliefs on the down-low the rest of the time. We're here for GAMING.

I'll comply with Ashley's decision, either way. (Alternatively, I could make a mention of my forum in my signature. ;) I still come out on top.)Rhindon2013-04-18 05:50:14
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:38 pm

I suppose being branded "lost" because you're not a subscriber to this particular faith feels a bit condescending. But anyone who took umbrage to this or anything else might easily have brought up the matter for discussion. Running off to the admins was an act of cowardice, and in opposition to fair and open speech.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 pm

@BlueSkies - I can understand that. But that's also why I addressed that part specifically to any Christians. Perhaps that was a bit of some poor wording on my part, though.
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:47 am

I understand that some people may feel defensive. However we actually recommend people make complaints directly to admins, because if people post directly it often ends getting mired in flamewars. Accusing someone who complains the way we want people to complain of being cowards or people we shouldn't do business with is too far, and it's hard to keep having sympathy with your point of view when people say things like that. Our intent is to have neutral forums where everyone can feel welcome, and such statements only serve to further intimidate, exclude or annoy people. So this thread is closed now; please leave the issue be, it's better to discuss this subject on other forums.Ashley2013-04-19 01:52:19
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic