Chrome 15 released with hardware acceleration!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:24 am

Hi all,

Great news today! Google Chrome 15 has been released, and by the looks of things it has a hardware accelerated canvas. This means it uses your graphics card to draw the games, which makes them run super fast - a smooth 60 fps even in fullscreen.

This means the "big three" browsers all have hardware acceleration and should all have excellent performance now: IE9+, Firefox 7+ and Chrome 15+. Chrome always updates to the latest version so within a couple of weeks that should be another 20% of the web using hardware acceleration.

By my reckoning that will make 50% of all web surfers with super fast HTML5 enabled browsers. It's only a matter of time before it's everyone :)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:58 am

Wow, incredibly news comes around here daily! Not only did I just grab the latest update of Construct which is simply stunning given the amount of indispensable additions in there, but I just ran through a number of tests using Chrome and it's substantially faster in executing my projects, which I hope to be posting very soon.

This is just awesome.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Yeah, Construct is looking good, and things are looking good for construct :)

B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Ha, awesome. Chrome is my browser of choice, but with the lack of hardware acceleration I had to keep switching over to Firefox for previewing. Glad to see I won't have to anymore.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General