Chrome 32 and 64 Possible Conflict Causing Lag

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:24 pm

I have had significant lag and problems with Chrome cache filling up and crashing at around 400MB for some time with C2 which has been frustrating.

My system is 64 bit running windows 10 and came installed with Chrome so I assumed it would have the 64 bit Chrome version.

After using C3 today I noticed significant lag on loading and two C2 games crashed completely on C3 with other webpages running and youtube video playing

I checked my platform settings at request of mod and it said my browser version was 32 bit.

So I downloaded the 64 bit version of Chrome and now everything seems to be running faster.

I have not played around with C3 enough or tried it with C2 yet to see if it helps with lag but I will and this may be an issue to let your users know exists and to update their Chrome and make sure they have the right 32 or 64 bit version installed.

Hope this helps!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:51 pm

If you are not sure which version you have installed click on Chrome settings and click about.

Get the latest version and if you need 64 bit Chrome here is the link:

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/beta.html
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:11 pm

Sorry, there's not much we can actually do in response to a bug report like this, we need reliable steps to reproduce. There is no technical reason for the limit to be 400mb unless you have 6 GB of free space left on your disk, in which case Chrome will calculate C3's disk quota as 400mb. It sounds like you had some issue with RAM that was resolved by using the 64-bit browser, which AFAIK uses identical disk cache limits.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs