Chrome 33 + WebGL performance

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:22 am

StatCounter has about 22% on XP or Vista, but both are trending down more quickly now. Remember Firefox is not affected so far as we're aware, so there is an alternative for players to use.

This does suck, but those systems should disappear with time eventually, so it won't last forever.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Firefox runs smooth for me, but my gamepad won't work when I run the game in firefox.

I haven't looked into it recently though, but I remember in the past it was known that only chrome would support gamepad with construct 2. Is that correct? And is there a way to get the gamepad working now in Firefox?
B

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:13 pm

I don't suppose there's something like node webkit out there that uses Firefox instead? I've looked but haven't found anything yet...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:34 pm

@shinkan - Yes, I just tested it out and it does that for me as well. It doesn't do it in fullscreen mode or if you resize the window so you're entire layout is visible. If you have an action assigned to the middle mouse button, the first time you perform the action, it will bring up the scroll icon (and execute the action). After that, it doesn't seem to happen again. I'll let you know if I find another solution... it's not exactly top priority at the moment, but eventually it might be something I need to address in my game.
B

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:46 pm

@shinkan - OK, nevermind what I said about assigning an action to the middle mouse button. Seems like no matter what, it does it off the start and then no longer does it. Weird.
B

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:51 pm

@SeekerSK Yeah, it's just that first middle mouse click. I'm making a level editor and middle mouse button is assigned to pan around the screen. Every time I run preview I'm panning straight away, but instead of scrolling my level, my entire game scrolls. And it's hard to habituate to press left or right mouse button somewhere on screen and then start panning around .
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:18 am

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but if we speak about Node-Webkit... Is there a way to secure package.nw file? Because for now I can double click it (I'm using Total Commander only on daily basis) and all my game files are visible. So I can just copy them, modify, delete... whatever. And for desktop games it's kind of unacceptable.
After spending month on your game anyone can just rip all of your texture images without great effort. I know there is no perfect solution against piracy and sprite thieves, but currently it's more like an invitation for them :)

Edit: I'm asking that because I've made some sprites for sale, and make a nice "demo" of every sprite, animation etc... And now I'm not sure if I should publish this. If I put it as a html5, every single browser can download all of my sprites with few clicks. And now when I decided to use Node-Webkit I accidentally found out that ripping sprites off Node-Webkit is much easier than from browser :/
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:37 am

I've heard intel has some tools to encapsulate all the files into one exe, but I'm not sure where they are.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:21 pm

@Shinkan exporting as an exe creates 1 file with all graphic and sound files encapsulated. How can you easily rip these?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:27 pm

@bjadams no, it creates
dxwebsetup.exe
ffmpegsumo.dll
icudt.dll
"gamefile".exe
libEGL.dll
libGLESv2.dll
nw.pak