Chrome Extension App

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:37 am

Hi,

Is it possible to export or otherwise easily wrap a C2 app, as a chrome extension? If yes, are there perhaps any examples?

thanks,

Dan
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:46 pm

I am not sure, but this might be what you are looking for: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/68/pub ... -web-store
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:22 am

@grossd, @Aphrodite

i am not positive, but i think @grossd is talking about chrome extensions for the browser, not apps for the app store. am i correct @grossd ?

that is a good question that i would like to know the answer to as well.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:34 am

Indeed. @Harrio,

I find the C2 programming approach very appealing, and am wondering how it could be put to use, for other kinds of general purpose programming, such as in developing general purpose chrome extensions, which could of course also include game elements ... -- instead of falling back onto straight Javascript programming only.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:11 am

@grossd

i personally tried my hand at developing an extension. but i used a program i had written while i was teaching myself html. so the javascript was written within the body of the html file, which is a no-no for extensions. i had to separate the javascript from the html and i had to restructure the event listener calls, all of which was a little beyond me at the moment. i could not find any clear tutorials on how to do it. just a bunch of forum threads from people who had done it wrong...lol.

so if c2 removes that barrier...hip-hip-hooray.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General