[Chrome Mobile] Fullscreen on Mobile LAN doesnt work anymore

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • Problem Description

It simply doesn't work when previewing on LAN with a mobile phone. But works on Desktop.

+Updated Chrome Mobile and Chrome Desktop.

Attach a Capx

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjcW2ueud6qp3AQBNBeHHVHUne3Q

Description of Capx

The event with Touch + Browser : Request for Fullscreen (Scale Outer).

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Preview .capx on LAN.
    • Use Mobile Phone for playing.
    • Touch to request for fullscreen (scale outer)

Observed Result

It doesn't go full screen.

Expected Result

It should be in full screen.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome Mobile: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Android 6.1 Marshmallow

+Updated Chrome Mobile and Chrome Desktop.

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 r243

• This isn't actually a Construct 2 bug - it's because Chrome now requires HTTPS support to allow fullscreen mode. Chrome makes a special exception for localhost, but LAN IPs don't qualify. You can work around it using Chrome dev tools and a wired connection with port forwarding, which means you get a localhost address on the device too, but it takes a bit of setup.

• This isn't actually a Construct 2 bug - it's because Chrome now requires HTTPS support to allow fullscreen mode. Chrome makes a special exception for localhost, but LAN IPs don't qualify. You can work around it using Chrome dev tools and a wired connection with port forwarding, which means you get a localhost address on the device too, but it takes a bit of setup.

This is a freaking disaster! So in other words, Preview on LAN is now worthless.

So now we have to export every time we have to preview on mobile, this makes things a hundred times harder.

I guess C3's mobile support is a great idea after all.

But more of C2's features is depreciating as time passes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm still able to go full screen in mobile preview over lan.

However Im using C2 v242

and fyi my mobile chrome 55.0.2883.91

edit nothing to do with versions (mine was invoked using a button so just been playing around)

fullscreen dosent work with on any touch start

but it still works with a button click

so just have to put a button in while testing.

• I'm still able to go full screen in mobile preview over lan.

However Im using C2 v242

and fyi my mobile chrome 55.0.2883.91

edit nothing to do with versions (mine was invoked using a button so just been playing around)

fullscreen dosent work with on any touch start

but it still works with a button click

so just have to put a button in while testing.

Hmm... Great news... I'll try it out.

Ashley - I think this is worth noting somewhere.

• Replace any touch start with any tap genture

• yes can confirm it also works with "on tap gesture"

all's good...

disable the missiles , take us back to DEFCON 5

• Copy that... Alpha-Niner-Delta.

Retrieving the missiles.

Revoke all commands.

• I don't know if they've already made the change or not, but it's certainly on their agenda so it most likely will happen in the next few releases.

I think it's an overreaction to call it a disaster - it just means preview-over-wifi is treated as HTTP preview, not HTTPS, so some of the security-sensitive features are disabled. There's also a workaround, by setting up port forwarding with Chrome dev tools.

• I just put a button on on a debug layer along with everything else debug related like textboxes and such. When game is done i just remove the debug group in the eventsheet and the debug layer, then save it as a new seperate file for production.

• ...so how does one set up "Chrome dev tools and a wired connection with port forwarding" anyway???

I don't suppose it's possible to do a mobile app preview via a USB cable, huh? (I know the answer is likely no, but I've been surprised before.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)