City of Amber

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:40 pm

LDC I have seen demo looks gr8. I hope and wish you do well with this game.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:33 am

Thank you, same here!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:04 am

LDC Studios your game looks great, didn't know that construct2 engine is capable of handling such a high 3D graphic models. Well your work gave me a new insight of the engine. Have played your previous version of the project "Grave Prosperity" a good product despite some shortcomings. May I know the reason for name change, the name "Grave Prosperity" was good, kind of went with the theme. Looking forward to your project & all the best.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:48 am

Oh yeah, all these engines are capable of making good looking games. They're just images of 3D models with painted on shadows and lighting. I did the same thing with the RPG Maker back in 2012 too.
I decided to change the name of the game while i was working on its last patch. Grave Prosperity was always just a way for me to test the limits of these smaller engines, but once i found C2 i realized that I could actually make something decent with the resources i had. So i made Grave Prosperity Redux, put it on Steam and used it as a way to measure what people really like in my work, and what people don't like. Once i got all the feedback i needed i started working on a massive patch that was meant to fix all the most commonly complained about issues, while building upon the most commonly enjoyed features. While i was working on it i started thinking about how Grave Prosperity had a really fractured background with all of its different builds and known issues, and i really didn't expect the patch would be enough to save the title due to its history. So i decided to drop the name all together and make City of Amber out of it. It's a title with no negative prior background, and it's being made to appeal to its audiance with the best of its predecessor's features, and none of its flaws. Seems like a win win so far.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:41 am

Game looking great! Made a subtle remix of your title screen, just for fun - Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:44 am

Hey that's pretty cool! Nice effects!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:50 am

Thanks! Sometimes I have those times when I want to "FX" stuff left and right :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Finally got the next video update out!
Enjoy!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:22 pm

WickedRoger wrote:LDC Studios your game looks great, didn't know that construct2 engine is capable of handling such a high 3D graphic models. Well your work gave me a new insight of the engine. Have played your previous version of the project "Grave Prosperity" a good product despite some shortcomings. May I know the reason for name change, the name "Grave Prosperity" was good, kind of went with the theme. Looking forward to your project & all the best.

Those are not 3d models but 2d renders of 3d models(+normal maps perhaps).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Yup. It's just all pre-rendered images of 3D models, and hand painted shadows and lighting overlaying the environments. Nothing even as advanced as normals. All very elementary stuff made to look more advanced than it is.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests