Clever ways to handle lots off screens/layouts?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • I�m currently doing a platform game which will require quite a few screens/layouts. My first thought was to simply duplicate the first layout and change that, but that crashes construct, and its also rather messy methinks.

Another way i�m thinking of is to just have one huge layout and simply move the camera, but that strikes me as rather messy to, it would also take up a lot unnecessary cpu/ram.

Is there anyone who have tackled the same problem and developed a good solution?

• You should duplicate layouts. If it crashes, that's a bug. Did you report it to the tracker?

• You should duplicate layouts. If it crashes, that's a bug. Did you report it to the tracker?

Well, no. It crashes when you do a layout change to a duplicate, that uses the originals event sheet, or if you include the original even sheet in the duplicates event sheet.

I would report it to the bugtracker (or i�ll do it after my deadline) if i had the time to really isolate the crashing factor and replicate it.

• I can bring everything over to the new layout except anything with a physics behavior.

I�ll probebly upload it to the bugtracker as soon as i come up with a workaround.

• I have successfully done things like this in the past. What you'd like to do is to make something like "Level template" and put all the events in special event sheet I usually call "Common". To make new level I just clone the level template and include the common event sheet.

The reason I explained this is because I am not sure whether you are cloning existing layout or copy-pasting objects from existing layout to new or creating new instance of the layout (Ctrl+C).

Only the former solution will work. Clipboard-related stuff (copy-paste) seems to be buggy as well as creating new instances.

• The reason I explained this is because I am not sure whether you are cloning existing layout or copy-pasting objects from existing layout to new or creating new instance of the layout (Ctrl+C)

I have tried both, and as soon as i add anything with physics the game crash (when switching layout).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Would you share a CAP file?

• Yes, please put every bug to do with this on the tracker!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)