Click objects with mouse crosshair doesnt work

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hi,

I set My mouse pointer to be a crosshair graphics from a sprite.

I have an event-action that says If mouse clicked on certain object, then destroy the object.

Doesnt seem to work :(

Same thing if I set the crosshair via 'set cursor style' -> crosshair ... it works.

Anyone know why this odd behavior?

• Could be broken somewhere, you could also have a condition where it says On Click and Sprite is over object, then do the action.

• you could also have a condition where it says On Click and Sprite is over object, then do the action.

Yeah I was gonna do the 'is crosshair sprite overlapping my object' and is clicked then destroy.

But wanted to know why the 'is mouse clicked' not working if we choose to use mouse style from a sprite.

Wondering to hear back from Ashley or someone :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In most cases the sprite cursor attaches itself to the mouse so that the mouse is actually in the top-left corner of the sprite (hotspot) so try clicking the object assuming that is where the mouse is.

If so, then change your sprites hotspot.

• found the hotspot at right down corner.. put it in.. it "kinda" works now... but player has to shoot exactly the origin aimed :(

I more like was expecting the whole size of sprite to be a pointer that can be aimed... so you dont have to be perfect aim to shoot.

So I tried, is overlapping my object, and on-click destroy... that doesnt seem to change the behavior?

I just want people to have it bit easy.. you click and anything under that crosshair gets destroyed.

Cant seem to think of a way.

• Could I see the capx?

Other try: If CursorSprite is overlapping ObjectToDestroy and Mouse is clicked: Destroy!

Should work if I understand correctly.

Edit: More rather, if that doesn't work, then share the capx. Try it first though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)