Clickteam fusion 2.5 vs Construct 2

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:37 pm

which is better for RPGs Clickteam fusion 2.5 or Construct 2??
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Clickteam fusion seems a little bit non-maintained but that is only my opinion. Remember you are in a C2 related forum, so obviously we'll go for Construct 2.

But honestly, if you want to make RPGs. I suggest RPG Maker.... If you want a custom made RPG design, I suggest Construct 2 or Unity for 2D.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:47 pm

I see @chadorireborn and you have nice accel world anime profile picture.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:53 pm

@prashant3999 - Yeah, and we age the same. So apparently you watch anime too. ;)

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:37 pm

There were some discussions before about Clickteam Fusion, such as this topic:
is-clickteam-fusion-2-5-worth-buying-on-sale_t178557

If you have the time, read through it. :) But my opinion is that if you want to play around and make a simple RPG, go with RPG Maker. If you want to design your own system, Construct 2 is better suited for that. I personally don't favour the event system Clickteam Fusion uses, and I find Construct 2's system very innovative.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:31 pm

I've been working on RPGs in construct for a while and I can't even imagine trying to make something so complex with clickteam fusion.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:19 pm

C2 scales really well based on game complexity. What I mean:

1. For the most part, it's own management of memory is excellent.

2. The editor itself and event system allows for fast workflow of even huge projects.

3. It can be very powerful once you get accustomed, allowing for any 2D genre to be handled easily. This along with being easy to learn makes it the best 2D game engine, period.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:06 pm

I tried clickteam before Construct 2 and the main issue with it was lack of proper porting. The autoscale feature doesn't work nearly as good as Construct 2 and you face glitches at random. If you think Construct 2 needs optimization for mobile , then Multimedia fusion would cause you a serious headache.
Also tutorial wise Construct 2 is way better its not even close. The only thing Multimedia fusion has going for it is the 5 nights at freddy's game which came just it time. Before that game blew up multimedia fusion forums activity was slowing down.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:57 pm

You all are right in some of my free time I have used Clickteam after posting this post and have found the main problem in collisions as in Construct 2 you just add Solid behaviour but doing the same in Clickteam is real headache .but i have found animation editor is somehow more nice r than Construct 2 as it provides onion skinning .
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:02 pm

prashant3999 wrote:You all are right in some of my free time I have used Clickteam after posting this post and have found the main problem in collisions as in Construct 2 you just add Solid behaviour but doing the same in Clickteam is real headache .but i have found animation editor is somehow more nice r than Construct 2 as it provides onion skinning .

Hi Iam working on a game right now its still in development. But I made a video demonstrating Construct2 being able to handle 25+ moving sprites onscreen with no lagging. This game would be impossible to make in multimedia fusion. Go take a look at the video to see what I mean

shooter-demo-video-25-moving-sprites-onscreen-mobile-game_t181652

Construct2 is far more powerful its not even close.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General