Clickteam Fusion and Install Creator Humble Bundle

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:03 am

@Vpick any chance your project isn't a side-scrolling platformer? I have suspicions that most people who suffer poor performance are using the platforming behavior (including ourselves)....

But yeah, the interface of C2 is so much more intuitive, but if 8-year-old-me was able to figure Clickteam products out then I think it doesn't matter that much in the end :P
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (they wont run anywhere)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:22 am

I bought clickteam (standard version) a year ago on steam, and for less than 2 hours i refunded my money. Couple days ago i bought the bundle (thanks to humble) and since that day i learning the editor so badly until i am so tired today. The community on clickteam nearly to death, many question not answered and many question has old posted.

Right now i don't have time and lot work to do, so i back to C2 because C2's editor more easy to do.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:09 am

Looking at the Clickteam tools is the best way to understand how C2 could reach almost 3.5 million downloads :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Jayjay wrote:@Vpick any chance your project isn't a side-scrolling platformer? I have suspicions that most people who suffer poor performance are using the platforming behavior (including ourselves)....

But yeah, the interface of C2 is so much more intuitive, but if 8-year-old-me was able to figure Clickteam products out then I think it doesn't matter that much in the end :P

Heh it just so happens to be a platformer! xD http://i.imgur.com/XoKwqRo.gifv The gif is only 30 fps, but the game runs at 60 consistently. We'll see how it runs when it's bigger, but so far it's about 300mb, 900 events, and a boat load of environmental assets (trees, grass, etc).
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:45 pm

@Vpick ahhh, is it only the single player object that uses the behavior?

Our game ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/334190 ) has it used by most enemies as well, so the effect stacks pretty fast (and leads to missed collisions so players fall through floors, varying jump heights, and other issues when FPS drops below 60, so we have to keep the minimum specification requirements very high)

It clocks in at about 644MB and 1935 resource files, but over half of that size is due to soundtrack and video files.

Edit: @Eisenhans Yeah, the interface needs an overhaul for them :P

but, I think it's also price. C2 promises so much more for less cost than Clickteam does... and that's mainly due to their reliance on third parties (eg: Chromium, FireFox, Edge, NodeJS, Cordova, and so on) through HTML5 export, rather than needing to code a native export for each platform like most of Clickteam's exporters do.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (they wont run anywhere)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:50 pm

Jayjay wrote:@Vpick ahhh, is it only the single player object that uses the behavior?

Our game ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/334190 ) has it used by most enemies as well, so the effect stacks pretty fast (and leads to missed collisions so players fall through floors, varying jump heights, and other issues when FPS drops below 60, so we have to keep the minimum specification requirements very high)

It clocks in at about 644MB and 1935 resource files, but over half of that size is due to soundtrack and video files.

Interesting. Yeah I only use it for the single player. All enemies have customer properties setup that are probably a bit more cumbersome, but haven't caused me any issues.
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:33 am

@Vpick ah that'd do it. It's something in the platformer behavior specifically that (especially when used with lots of objects at the same time) really lowers the FPS/misses collisions from what we've seen.

Also @Rayek, they've updated the bundle to include the *full* developer license with the $15 tier/full price tier. Want to update that in your main post?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General