Climbing on ladder.

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:38 pm

I have a question about ladders in the game.

I've set all same conditions and actions as Platform School Tutorial. But there is a problem - when the Player on the Ladder, his animation always paused! Even I press "down" and "up" keys - climbing animation doesn't work. But! If I press "left/right" controls - his climbing animation begin to work.. As I press "up", it's on pause. What is it?
I've checked all conditions twice, but can't find the problem.

What do you think?
B
G

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:43 pm

I think that you probably ordered your events wrong. I also think that to receive help you're going to need to post that cap file. :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Barri167
oh! yes :)
this is cap file, as example - [url:3auoyp38]http://www.mediafire.com/?tj3oqtbjg3n[/url:3auoyp38]
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi :)

Event 7 shouldn't be there... delete it. It's messing things up. It looks like you may have copy/pasted it from event 12 by accident.

Event 15 has the wrong variable check... it reads "jumpAllow" instead of "ladderClimb."

Fix those two things and it should work fine. Also, it appears that you're looking at an old version of the tutorial. You should re-download them, the animation events have been streamlined in the newer versions.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:11 pm

deadeye,
hi :)
I've found my mistake with your help.. :roll: Now the game works properly!
Thank You very much!!! :D
B
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic