[closed] Umbra... Now available on Steam

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 am

Thanks @spongehammer! It's been a few weeks since my last update because I've been busy fighting off the work-triv-monsters. Boy, they're incessant! Anyway, against all the odds I have finished alpha level 5. One more big level to go, then the opening sequence... I might get things done before xmas! Maybe....

Here's a little screen shot of something with teeth:

I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Hello! Here's a little something to prove that I've not been sitting idly by staring at Facebook or waiting for an exciting c2 update. Ok, I may have been doing a little of the above, but I have also been doing a little bit of work on level 6. I've decided that this will be the last level (otherwise I'll never finish) - it'll contain one large puzzle and then (hopefully, 'cos the work's not done) a huge boss fight. Perhaps with guns and some other crazy stuff.

I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:33 pm

I don't know how it will be used but it is very large ^^
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:50 pm

@MadSpy

All will be revealed.... :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:48 pm

As already posted earlier, there's another game out there with the same name as this one... The other Umbra isn't anything like my game, but the name conflict is giving me some heartache - unfortunately there's no such thing as a monopoly on old Latin words!

What should I do? I'm tempted to change the name to something similar - another Latin or Spanish word meaning dark and eerie, perhaps? There are plenty to choose from. Or should I close my eyes and hope it's ok to leave it the way it is? Any suggestions welcome... Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:59 pm

yes there is. "monopolio".
whattabout penumbra? thats spanish, too...
love the looks of this, btw.
just a bit too similar to my own stuff
...just much cooler :|
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:27 pm

You could always add a sub title or whatever they call them after a colon :)

Umbra: Shadow of pain
Umbra: Darker in some bits than others
Umbra: Who stole my eyes

etc :)

More seriously. Nothing is ever original and if you feel it might cause problems at some point it may be better to change it now. As long as you can find something else which hasnt been used.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Thanks @megalocrator & @spongehammer! Every time I think of something vaguely original I then find out it's been used before; even Penumbra (which was my first name idea way back). I Think I am inclined to keep Umbra and add a sub-title. Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate the support.

Umbra: Darker in some bits than others
Umbra: Who stole my eyes

Hilarious! Love it. Umbra: frequent death... :D

I'm thinking of something like:

Umbra: Shadow of Death....

I might try some title graphics to inspire me....
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Phew!! Level 6 is now finished. There's no respawning on this level because of the nature of the puzzle, so soak it up future game-players! Well, to be fair, I actually hope it's not too hard and that the final outcome will prove sufficiently rewarding. Oh, I almost forgot, so now I have to start Level 7 - the final big fight, or something... :D

B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:30 am

Hurrah!! Umbra demo is now available on the Scirra Arcade (see link below). Spriter objects now function in the arcade... :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests