[closed] Umbra... Now available on Steam

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:15 pm

Man, I'm dying to see that one finished. Every time you post an update I'm drooling!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:20 pm

It has come on in leaps and bounds. I am looking forward to the final game too :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:56 am

Thank you @immortalx and @spongehammer !! Let the cut-scene shenanigans begin!
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:22 am

Well, it's complete! What I mean is: the introduction cut-scene is complete. And the game is quite possibly nearly finished as well! I'm now going to play the whole game a few times over to see what little niggles remain, then it's time to add the Steam plugin.... I've got mixed feelings: nervousness and relief that it's coming to an end lol!!

Please have a go at the demo in the Arcade (link below).... All feedback is welcome :).

I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:56 pm

@Colludium congrats! I'm interested to know how the Steam plugin goes! I thought you were greenlit, but I couldn't find anything on Steam..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:45 am

@jobel - thank you - but it's not ready yet! I wish it was... I am planning on publishing my greenlight page on Friday.... I'm just putting the finishing touches to the demo version that will be available on the page, as well as some last-minute graphics to make it look better than amateur. Fingers and toes crossed! I'll post here when it's up for voting!! :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:16 am

Colludium wrote:Steam Greenlight Concept.

does this mean you were already greenlit or need to still get "voted in by the community"?

I'm only asking because I am shooting for Steam next year and have no idea when to start the greenlight process. Should I do it closer to the games release, or as soon as possible?

I've done some alpha/beta testing on Steam for some games and I like how devs have used Steam as a way to distribute alpha/beta versions...yet their Steam page is not public. Will you do something like that?

EDIT: ahh, I just reread that says "greenlight concept".. so I'm assuming that is a different process.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:58 am

@jobel, your edit is correct: the greenlight concept let's you publish a page for feedback so you can gage where your idea's strengths and weaknesses are. I've taken it down now, but the concept page I created gave me some reallygood ideas for what to change, especially the need to avoid having the game look or behave like Limbo. The final version of Umbra is only similar to that original concept because of that initial feedback.

I did have a link on that page to the demo, but traffic dried up after a few months, unsurprisingly. I'm going to provide a trimmed down .exe demo version of the game on the greenlight page when I publish it.

Then, if all goes well and I get lots of thumbs-up, I'll offer early access so a few players can help me bug test. I've not seen the process before so it's going to be a bit of a voyage of discovery.... :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:27 am

Good luck for the greenlight travel ^^
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Thank you @MadSpy! It wouldn't have got this far without your help! :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests