Steps to reproduce:
1. Run the capx and Press Enter to perform the first assignment
2. A message appears telling you that the value 1 was asigned to the cell, and that the cell now contains the value 1 (this is correct)
3. Press enter again
4. A message appears telling you that the value 2 was assigned to the cell and the cell now contains the value 1 (this is wrong, the value was not updated)
After the first assignment to that particular position in the array, subsequent assignments never update its value
Each assignment should update the value of the array cell
Internet Explorer: ?
Operating system & service pack:
Windows 7 64 bit
Construct 2 version:
- This seems to be caused by asking the value of the very same array position that you mean to update in the condition (notice in the example capx, that at line 2 the position (5,6) is both in a condition and in an action).
- If you disable the condition "Value at (5,6) = 0" the assignment works correctly
- If you load the value at 5,6 into a temporal variable before and ask for the value the assignment works correctly (I use this as a workaround to keep my code working)
Took me a while to find this one because I really did not expect the assignment not to work