Cluckles' Adventure - platform game

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:26 am

Hi @Mubot

The player movement mechanics use the native Platform Behaviour and some custom elements.

For example I have the default doubleJump disabled in the Platform Behaviour, and I made my own doubleJump mechanics by setting Platform VectorY and also setting / toggling instance variables / booleans. I did that to get the doubleJump working in concert with dashing the way I wanted it to.

I make use of stacks of the Platform Behaviour conditions and actions to get the player character to move the way I wanted.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you wanted to know anything more specific. And thanks for the positive feedback.
Im working on updates to the game now. I have to make adjustable touch controls... hmm :? :shock:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:28 am

@artpunk thanks for the reply!

you def. answered my question....i wont ask you to divulge any of your secrets!

you've motivated and inspired me, so thank you!

keep up the fantastic work
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:01 am

I made a cool new feature for Cluckles that Im pretty happy with: adjustable controls 8-)

You can change the position and scale of the in-game touch controls and save it.

The default righthand / lefthand buttons swap the touch controls to be right or left handed and position them neatly into the corners of the screen. And I made it so that the buttons can't overlap and can only be positioned in the lower half of the screen.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:26 am

That's actually really cool!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:10 am

@Burvey Its available in the latest Android version on GooglePlay, but still waiting for review on iTunes.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:58 am

This is very beautiful ! Congrats bro! A question though: how do you save the "remove ads" if somebody uninstalls the game?
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:32 am

Hi @DonRIF Ok so that gets handled by the iAP plugin (I'm using Cranberrygame's iAP plugin in Cluckles' Adventure).

It goes something like this. The user's purchase is stored in their account in iTunes / GooglePlay.

Then when the game is launched you need to have events that check for previous purchases and then restore those purchases to the game if any are present. This works even if the game is uninstalled and all the games data removed from the device. When the player reinstalls the game in the future, upon launching you can check the players previous purchases on their account, then restore them to the game.

I do this check and restore right at the beginning of the game when the title screen is visible.

Actually the 'purchase restore' process took a few attempts to get through the iOS approval process. They wouldnt approve my game unless I also included a 'restore purchase' button. So users can actually manually restore their purchases. But in my game the button isn't even needed, because the restore happens when the game is launched, I just had to include the button to make the reviewers happy. The Android version of Cluckles doesn't have the purchase restore button as it's not needed.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:12 am

Artpunk wrote:Hi @DonRIF Ok so that gets handled by the iAP plugin (I'm using Cranberrygame's iAP plugin in Cluckles' Adventure).

It goes something like this. The user's purchase is stored in their account in iTunes / GooglePlay.

Then when the game is launched you need to have events that check for previous purchases and then restore those purchases to the game if any are present. This works even if the game is uninstalled and all the games data removed from the device. When the player reinstalls the game in the future, upon launching you can check the players previous purchases on their account, then restore them to the game.

I do this check and restore right at the beginning of the game when the title screen is visible.

Actually the 'purchase restore' process took a few attempts to get through the iOS approval process. They wouldnt approve my game unless I also included a 'restore purchase' button. So users can actually manually restore their purchases. But in my game the button isn't even needed, because the restore happens when the game is launched, I just had to include the button to make the reviewers happy. The Android version of Cluckles doesn't have the purchase restore button as it's not needed.

God bless my brother, thank you for all this valuable info that I'll keep in mind!

Much success to you, I hope you release a Steam version of Cluckles with tons more of content! :)

Oh one more thing, I noticed you have the "white screen" splash issue, if you want to get rid of the "white screen" just after the launch, add this plugin to the config.xml file:

Code: Select all
<plugin name="cordova-plugin-splashscreen" source="npm" />
      <preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="false" />
      <preference name="ShowSplashScreenSpinner" value="false" />   

Peace!
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 am

DonRIF wrote:God bless my brother, thank you for all this valuable info that I'll keep in mind!

Much success to you, I hope you release a Steam version of Cluckles with tons more of content! :)

Oh one more thing, I noticed you have the "white screen" splash issue, if you want to get rid of the "white screen" just after the launch, add this plugin to the config.xml file:

Peace!

I just checked, and yeah I guess there is a white flicker on startup. Thats probably always been there but I never worried about it because it didnt seem too serious. But I should fix it. Thanks for the code, Ill put it into the next update.

The Steam version is on its way, not too long now. It has controller support and a new game mode: Speed Run :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:37 am

Artpunk wrote:
DonRIF wrote:God bless my brother, thank you for all this valuable info that I'll keep in mind!

Peace!

I just checked, and yeah I guess there is a white flicker on startup. Thats probably always been there but I never worried about it because it didnt seem too serious. But I should fix it. Thanks for the code, Ill put it into the next update.

The Steam version is on its way, not too long now. It has controller support and a new game mode: Speed Run :D

Good luck my friend, can't wait to play it! :)

Your game reminds me of this song tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDAltc1g1Q :mrgreen:
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations