Cluckles' Adventure - platform game

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:25 am

Anonnymitet wrote:I tried the game and it is very polished and touch controls feels very responsive. Runs super smooth on my Galaxy s6+ :) So congratulations to the release and I hope you'll get many downloads.

Good decision to only make it available to Android 6.0+ this way you avoid bad reviews from users who have too weak phones to run the game as intended.

Gave it a 5/5 review as well :D


Hey thanks so much for the positive feedback and review! Thats the first feedback I got from outside close friends... I actually feel relief :lol:

Yeah I know that game-play can get a bit jerky on older devices, especially in later levels that get busy with more enemies moving around. Like you say hopefully restricting access to Android 6.0+ will weed out most of the weaker devices...

One question, You said you're on a GalaxyS6+, is that running Android 7.0?
B
74
S
52
G
62
Posts: 406
Reputation: 39,080

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:55 am

Glad to hear that, I believe a lot of people will enjoy your game :) I'm actually on Android 6.0.1 for some reason. Maybe it's time for an update :P
B
58
S
25
G
14
Posts: 793
Reputation: 13,302

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:33 pm

I played the first 4 levels and like the game so far! Very good graphics, very good gameplay und smooth music. Overall exact my type of game with the style I like :)
At home I will continue playing ;)

Performance: so far so good! (Galaxy S5, Android 6). I think it's a fault to limit to android 6 or higher! If you will limit it to Android 7 I can't play it anymore. An this even if it runs smoothly on my Android 6. And the very same way I think you lock out potentially players of earlier versions.

Bugs:
In level 3 I will fall through the floor if I jump agains the first right wall, hold and release.
If I leave the game and then continue I have no longer fullscreen (in fact I can't leave the game, just press home. so it continues next time)
Image Image
B
21
S
7
G
2
Posts: 48
Reputation: 2,421

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:18 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:...I'm actually on Android 6.0.1 for some reason. Maybe it's time for an update :P

Ah ok thanks for telling me. That's a good reason why I shouldn't restrict to Android 7.0, I bet there are a lot of people with decent, powerful phones who are still on Android 6.0.

Noisefever wrote:I played the first 4 levels and like the game so far! Very good graphics, very good gameplay und smooth music. Overall exact my type of game with the style I like :)
At home I will continue playing ;)

Performance: so far so good! (Galaxy S5, Android 6). I think it's a fault to limit to android 6 or higher! If you will limit it to Android 7 I can't play it anymore. An this even if it runs smoothly on my Android 6. And the very same way I think you lock out potentially players of earlier versions.


Hey thanks for the positive feedback!!!
Well, the thing is.. while I did my best to optimise the game as much as possible, I know from testing it slows down on weaker devices. Once it gets down to 40 - 45FPS or something it becomes a pretty crappy gaming experience, and like Anonnymitet pointed out, I think it's smarter to try to avoid poor ratings on the markets. I'd rather have a smaller pool of happy players, than a large pool of players, some happy and some annoyed, because happier players *should* keep the overall rating of the game higher.

Noisefever wrote:Bugs:
In level 3 I will fall through the floor if I jump agains the first right wall, hold and release.
If I leave the game and then continue I have no longer fullscreen (in fact I can't leave the game, just press home. so it continues next time)


Ok the falling through the floor bug. Yes I can recreate that. I think I need to adjust the player wall sliding mechanic... maybe the player starts to wallslide and doesn't stop on the JumpThrough platform when you would expect it to... Ill look at that.

You said you no longer have fullscreen after coming back to the game. Do you mean after you exit the game to Android, then come back to the game? That doesn't happen to me on any of my test devices... Im not sure how to fix that actually. Ill have to look into that too.

I intentionally didn't include a 'quit' button. I thought it would be enough that people can access the Android 'Home' button to quit back to Android. Do you think there should be an in-game quit button @Noisefever? Is it annoying that there isn't one or something?
B
74
S
52
G
62
Posts: 406
Reputation: 39,080

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Really really great game! Great feeling and running smooth. Samsung galaxy 6S. (newest android version.)

Some comments:
I fell down on level 4, dying on the spikes. The fourth time I didn't re-occur. It just stopped. I can click the pause-button to go back to main. otherwise the game is stuck.

When you kill a snail or whatever they die with a bloodsplash, when the chicken die he dies in a fire explode? :)

On the main screen it is a game controller and "OFFLINE"... what is that? (I tested both with wi-fi and normal mobile connection, still says OFFLINE for me)

In the play store it says it is ads. But I didn't get any ads at all, maybe cause I am in Sweden?

Also the swedish translation in Google Play store for your game was quite funny :)
B
16
S
4
Posts: 85
Reputation: 1,175

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:38 pm

fredriksthlm wrote:Really really great game! Great feeling and running smooth. Samsung galaxy 6S. (newest android version.)

Some comments:
I fell down on level 4, dying on the spikes. The fourth time I didn't re-occur. It just stopped. I can click the pause-button to go back to main. otherwise the game is stuck.

Hey man, thanks very much for the helpful feedback!

Ok the player failing to respawn. That's when an add is supposed to play. Basically every 8th time the player dies an Add plays. I wonder why its not working on your device... As you say it *could* be to do with your location. I guess that's something I need to check in the Chartboost account? In my testing, ads only fail when the device is offline. Ads should play over either a wifi or cellular connection.

fredriksthlm wrote:When you kill a snail or whatever they die with a bloodsplash, when the chicken die he dies in a fire explode? :)

Ive been looking at that so long it looks normal to me. When player dies theres actually both, a blood splash and a explosion :) What do you think would look better, just the blood? No explosion?

fredriksthlm wrote:On the main screen it is a game controller and "OFFLINE"... what is that? (I tested both with wi-fi and normal mobile connection, still says OFFLINE for me)

Thats the GooglePlay login.. when the game starts it automatically tries to login to GooglePlay. Once it logs in, the graphic should say 'Online' and you can press that to see which achievements you unlocked on GooglePlay. If it says 'offline' it was unable to login...

It sounds like you are playing the game offline (wifi off, cellular off), yet you said you tested online... Maybe you need to be logged into your GooglePlay account on your device? I haven't tested this... I don't even know if it's possible to log out? Ill check. You could try logging into your GooglePlay account if you're not already then relaunch the game.. let me know.

fredriksthlm wrote:Also the swedish translation in Google Play store for your game was quite funny :)

I hesitate to ask... ? :lol:
B
74
S
52
G
62
Posts: 406
Reputation: 39,080

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Yeah, I don't understand why google forces to translate game descriptions escpecially here in Sweden where everyone speaks english. The translations are super bad and instead of a good description in english you get a really unreadable google translated one in each language. I've talked to google about this but they won't change it. So I had to manually put the english description on every language setting on the store :P
B
58
S
25
G
14
Posts: 793
Reputation: 13,302

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:49 pm

Ok. I had the service 'Google Play Games' turned off (which I always have)
Now I turned it on, and quit the game and re opened it. Now it says ONLINE. so that's solved. :)

But still! Now I played at lever 5. and tried to die so many times as I should get an ad. it never showed. the game just stopped. nothing. I can press the pause button to go to meny, but no ad or re spawn.
So maybe chartboost or your account or the plugin(?) doesn't work for sweden/europe? but it shouldn't just stop the the game... :(


otherwise. really really nice work!

hej @Anonnymitet får du hans ads att fungera?
B
16
S
4
Posts: 85
Reputation: 1,175

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Great job, smooth controls and excellent level design. Now its time to learn the next part marketing. Post the game on xda developers , facebook, reddit, etc to get a fanbase going.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,645

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:56 pm

@fredriksthlm Yes, tried again and died a few times and the ad showed up as expected. But after the ad the game sound never came back so the rest of it was just silent.
B
58
S
25
G
14
Posts: 793
Reputation: 13,302

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests