**Cluckles Featured on AppStore!!!** :O

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Artpunk wrote:Yeah downloads are going thru the roof for iOS thats how I realised it was being promoted somewhere. On Android downloads have jumped too...

@rekjl , @Colludium what should I be doing to take advantage of this guys? I started a Twitter account and posted a couple ofTweets...
I have no idea about marketing :roll: :lol:

But I feel like I should be trying to capitalise on the game being in the spotlight for this brief moment...

Haha sorry, I honestly have no experience and real knowledge on what to do next. Logically, I would think it breaks down to two things, generating revenue, through ads and other purchasable items in your game, and building a brand, which involves creating your twitter, and also facebook and website. So that people will know about it when you release your next game. Sorry I can't give deeper details, hope someone with real experience will be able to share more info with everyone too here.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 am

Anonnymitet wrote:Edit: Tried to find it on the store front under "new games we love" but couldn't on my app store :( But downloaded it anyway :D

Hi @Anonnymitet , I checked. Its the Australian iTunes store.. not sure if its featured on any other iTunes stores. Which AppStore country / region are you?

glerikud wrote:
Anonnymitet wrote:Congrats! Now put an ad in your game and tell them to vote for it on greenlight ;) Would be cool to hear about the ad revenue for chartboost now when you'll get a lot of users.

And by going though the roof what kind of download numbers are we talking about? :)

If you're comfortable sharing this information, I'd be interested in it too. :)

Hey @glerikud , @Anonnymitet yes Ill post details about install numbers and revenue sometime in the future. Its still currently featured on the Aust AppStore. I'll wait until a little while after they stop featuring the game.. then I can report on what install numbers / revenue were like before, during and after being featured.

Right now im stressing because I have reports of black screens on iOS 9. I have a bunch of 1 star reviews on the AppStore which I assume are related to this bug... have to try and fix this asap. Posted to ask about it here.
Let me know if you guys have any advice on this bug. thnx
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:55 am

Man, that's incredible, did Apple tell you about this or did you discover it?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:06 am

The Mnk wrote:Man, that's incredible, did Apple tell you about this or did you discover it?

I noticed a spike in installs on my Chartboost acc yesterday morning. So I went searching to find the cause and discovered it was featured on AppStore. Apple didn't contact me about it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:50 am

Great Job !
I am downloading it :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:53 am

Installed and opened but I saw that cordova splash screen appeared.
Why dont you remove "spash-screen" plugin in intel XDK so that the game appears more advanced !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:55 am

You used Intel XDK. Didn't you ?!!
Or...not !
Last edited by Ahmed Elgamal on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:09 am

By the way. I liked the story so much. Kind of funny XD
But !
There is a problem. Ads are not showing !
You should display ads or make the game 0.99$ in order to earn any support !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Artpunk wrote:Hi @Anonnymitet , I checked. Its the Australian iTunes store.. not sure if its featured on any other iTunes stores. Which AppStore country / region are you?

I'm in Sweden so that explains it. I can also inform you that I couldn't start the game on any of my iPads, one iPad 2 and one iPad Air both running iOS 10.2. Just a black screen.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:
Artpunk wrote:Hi @Anonnymitet , I checked. Its the Australian iTunes store.. not sure if its featured on any other iTunes stores. Which AppStore country / region are you?

I'm in Sweden so that explains it. I can also inform you that I couldn't start the game on any of my iPads, one iPad 2 and one iPad Air both running iOS 10.2. Just a black screen.

Seriously??? WTF! I have no idea whats going on with that.. I've tested it on my iPhone5 with iOS 10.1.1 and it runs great! And Ive had friends test it out on various devices running iOS 9 and they seem to have no problems either.. It seemed from early reports that the problem was mostly with iOS 9, but judging from your experience its iOS 10 as well.

Man.. I have no idea why some Apple devices are giving back screens while others aren't. Obviously many people are getting this problem because the game is getting hammered with 1 star reviews on the AppStore :x &!@*#&*(@)(

At any rate I have an update on iTunesConnect waiting for review. It has been built with an updated version of the XDK Cordova WKWebView Engine plugin (v1.1.0, updated from 1.0.3). Im hoping that will help things, but I'm not certain... and I'm limited in my ability to test as I only have 1 Apple device.

@Anonnymitet any chance you'd want to test this updated alpha build for me as an Internal Tester? You'd need to test it through TestFlight and pm me your AppleID linked to your devices so I can add you as an Internal Tester.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General