Cocoon IO: Remove Install Permission. Your support is needed

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been switching from Intel XDK to Cocoon IO and I must say that it's pretty awesome. However, there is just one big flaw:

Projects that were created wih Cocoon IO request alot of unnessecary permissions, which make the app seem suspicious to the users.

If you are using Cocoon IO and want this to be changed, please support us and comment in the Cocoon IO forums: https://forums.cocoon.io/t/remove-unnecessary-install-permissions-android/876/8

If we nudge the developers enough, they might speed up their development process and change this quickly.

In case you know how to change the permissions manually somehow, please comment here!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:31 pm

It won't change as I got informed. But it is possible to get rid of some of the permission requests. For instance Cocoon's AdMob plugin requires Location permission. As @AndreasR said HERE it is possible to use any Cordova plugin with CocoonIO. So I asked him if he could give an example of how can we use @cranberrygame's plugins with Cocoon. Cranberrygame's plugins don't require Location.

I've tried to do it myself but got a compilation error. @AndreasR opened a new post regarding this topic, so if you want you can follow it here: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=169153

I'm not sure what permissions are requestem by Cocoon's IAP plugin, but as far as I know Canvas+ plugin requires Calls permission and that one (sadly) won't change.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Distribution and Publishing