Cocoon Issues

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:39 pm

@ZhaoYun Regarding your audio issue it looks like Ashley will probably need to update the Cocoonjs plugin to add support for the new features.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:27 pm

@basspenguin, I see, thanks for the explanation, In the meanwhile I will work my way around by using stop music and don't play music.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:41 am

After days of experimenting, countless exporting, this is my conclusion of how construct2 audio commands works(or dont works) in CocoonJ.

This is it:
audio silence-prevent music from starting, but does not stop them if they are already in played. (means you are never going to stop your looping music, but works well on sfx)

mute- does not work at all. Music still continues plays, and will keep on starting to play. (Works well in preview, exported to cocoonj = fail)

However...

unmute will and can cancel out the audio silence of the tagged audio.

eg:
set audio tag "BGM": always unmute
set audio silence.

result= BGM ignores audio silence
The bgm that is playing will continues to play, but new bgm wont start.
Other sounds wont start. but playing sound will continue to play.

Hope someone check if my findings were correct. and if it is so, please do fix/update it. =)
@ludei @ashley @basspenguinZhaoYun2012-11-24 06:42:04
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Came across this thread looking to see if anyone else has had experience using CocoonJS and AJAX commands through Construct2.

Ajax appears not to work through Cocoon and I was wonder if anyone hopefully knew a work around? Thanks
B

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:34 pm

[QUOTE=ydt89] Came across this thread looking to see if anyone else has had experience using CocoonJS and AJAX commands through Construct2.

Ajax appears not to work through Cocoon and I was wonder if anyone hopefully knew a work around? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Someone told me XMLHttpRequests might be a viable work around for AJAX in CocoonJS. Can anyone verify?
B

Post » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:11 pm

[QUOTE=ZhaoYun] After days of experimenting, countless exporting, this is my conclusion of how construct2 audio commands works(or dont works) in CocoonJ.

This is it:
audio silence-prevent music from starting, but does not stop them if they are already in played. (means you are never going to stop your looping music, but works well on sfx)

mute- does not work at all. Music still continues plays, and will keep on starting to play. (Works well in preview, exported to cocoonj = fail)

However...

unmute will and can cancel out the audio silence of the tagged audio.

eg:
set audio tag "BGM": always unmute
set audio silence.

result= BGM ignores audio silence
The bgm that is playing will continues to play, but new bgm wont start.
Other sounds wont start. but playing sound will continue to play.

Hope someone check if my findings were correct. and if it is so, please do fix/update it. =)
@ludei @ashley @basspenguin[/QUOTE]

Found the same issues without reading this post, in an identical case (Sounds/Music in Construct Preview Work as expected, Sounds/Music in CocoonJS Launcher don't). Now I read your findings and are exactly the same, which means that it is still a problem.
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:06 am

Is Coccoon likely to support setting sounds muted in the near future or do I need to change my code?

It works perfectly on a browser and it would be such a shame to have to re-write it.....

Thanks
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:49 am

@ashley yeah, using the 'silent' command is the only audio issue I am having now using CocoonJS for ipad or android, with the latest beta Construct build. Is this something Ludei needs to fix, and so they know about it? It sounds like this has been a long time issue. Looping sounds will 'stop' but seem unaffected by 'silent'.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:53 pm

It's something Ludei need to fix, best get in touch with them about it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:04 am

Hi Guys,
So: re the sound issue - from what I gather it simply doesn't work at the moment. Do you know if starting/stopping music/sounds will cause crashes in themselves?

I've just started porting a game over to CJS, and get a few crashes - I've narrowed it down to it possibly being because I stop a music track, but haven't found out for sure yet.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General