Cocoon on iPad

0 favourites
  • I just noticed that an offical version has now been released, which I'm very hapy about.

Problem is, it doesn't make any sense to me. I can get the Android version working perfectly, but no luck on ipad.

When I try to open it, it says "Select the device in iTunes, go to Apps, select CocoonJS and add ZIP files to the documents folder. Come back to YOUR APP to see the changes."

The problems I am having as as follows:

1) What does "Select the device in iTunes mean?" iTunes is for music as far as I can tell, and I can not find any apps in it. Did it mean App Store, in which case, this isn't helping either.

2) "Add ZIP files to the documents folder." Does this come up when I reach this point? I've tried searching for tutorials on how to do this, but no luck.

3) "Come back to YOUR APP". Is this just a silly typo? On Android, there is a section called YOUR APP, but on iPad, it's called "TESTS".

I recall finding the Cocoon website one of the least user friendly I'd ever come across a few months back... but was very happy when I figured out how to get it working on Android. Back to square 1 with iPad though.

I only ask here in case anyone else has had any luck with Contruct 2 on CocoonJS iPad edition.

• iTunes is not just for music.

You can sync your iOS Device's pictures and apps in it too.

You can click on the sync-ed device name in iTunes and choose which app you want to drag files into it.

• Oh gosh, does this mean I will have to get iTunes? I swear that software is straight out of hell...

• iTunes is not just for music.

You can sync your iOS Device's pictures and apps in it too.

You can click on the sync-ed device name in iTunes and choose which app you want to drag files into it.

Does this mean I have to do this on a PC/MAC? I've been flicking through my device for an hour! Still, I'm unable to understand your explanation. I think I'm automatically pulled away from anything apple. Bought a Mac a few weeks back, and I can't help but find it backwards.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There�s a second tab on the ios version where you can point to the URL where your .zip cocoonjs exported file is. Just put it into a public folder in dropbox and link it from there.

• ^ Listen to this guy

But yes, for the way you stated, you have to do it on PC/Mac.

Mac OS is hard to get used to if you're a Windows user. Its normal! You get used to it eventually.

• Oh gosh, does this mean I will have to get iTunes? I swear that software is straight out of hell...

Blame to Apple.

Everyone knows about iTunes is for music, but the developers must know about iTunes can sync the files like zips while you connect your iOS device.

• Open iTunes.

Click on the left where your device is. The right panel will update with your device information.

Click the Apps tab (the same place where you go to synchronise your apps to your device).

Scroll down and you will see a section where you can copy files to the device for the specific application.

• superkew

Sadly I can't see the section where I can copy files.

I've tried it on iTunes on the iPad, on the Mac, and the PC. The PC section doesn't even have an app area. Have you successfully done this superkew?

Has anybody successfully done this? Very excited to finally try it out.

• There?s a second tab on the ios version where you can point to the URL where your .zip cocoonjs exported file is. Just put it into a public folder in dropbox and link it from there.

"Failed to unzip: Failed to open Zip file"

I guess this means I have to do the first step first, and associate zip files with CocoonJS.

• Hopefully someone will do a more user friendly step by step guide

• I have done it, that is how I test my game on my iPad and iPhone.

I don't have my cable with me, else I could give you screenshots. Where are you getting stuck?

Do a search on youtube. Adobe reader also uses the same functionality, maybe search for guide on how to copy pdf to ipad for adobe reader.

• The CocoonJS launcher for iOS has an option to launch a game from a URL, just like the Android launcher does, but it's hidden behind a menu. You don't have to go and sync document files if you don't want to. I did try it though and it seemed to work fine.

Tagging ludei since they might want to add something.

• I can manage with the Android fine, it's just getting the zip on my device and having Cocoon recognise it. iTunes on the pc, mac and my device all seem different, so just saying "iTunes" in e tutorial doesn't help me :(

Who knows, maybe I'm the only one finding this hard, after all, I struggled with the Android version at first too.

• Don't you just need to upload your zip, press 'Test', press 'Zip' next to 'Documents' then enter the URL? If it gives an error try re-uploading your zip, maybe it got corrupt uploading.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)