CocoonIO - Help, Ressources & free capx examples

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:Great thread @AndreasR Really helpful! :)

I've started playing a bit with CocoonIO and got most of it working. But for some reason a few sprites doesn't load in-game so instead black boxes are shown. Any ideas why some sprites doesn't show up after I have compiled with CocoonIO?

You're welcome :)

About your issue. I never have heard about such a problem. Can you open a topic in the cocoon forum along with a test file?

Thank you!
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:20 pm

@AndreasR There was already a thread about it there:
https://forums.cocoon.io/t/black-sprite-construct-2/455

I can't understand why. It is always the same sprites that doesn't load and they are exactly like the other sprites so why these in particular end up black is a mystery.

I'll try to upload a file but not really sure how to reproduce it in small scale as it will be too hard to explain where the issue is on the big project.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:47 am

I exported my Construct 2 game to Cordava successfully, delete the config.xml and intel.xml thing, got the cocoon_box2d file and edit it in the index.html file, just as is instructed in the Tutorial. I followed the https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/c ... document-7 tutorial here.

I uploaded it to cocoon.io, unistalled Whitelist and added my inapp/PlayGame plugins and compiled it successfully.

After uploading the APK in the Google Play store, I published the app. Then I downloaded the game from the store, but it just displays the Cocoon logo and a black screen. This is the tenth time I've edited this app from some suggestions/fixes I find in other people's posts on here, but mine still does not work.

I really am confused, and would like some help, please.
B

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Snikoggs wrote:I exported my Construct 2 game to Cordava successfully, delete the config.xml and intel.xml thing, got the cocoon_box2d file and edit it in the index.html file, just as is instructed in the Tutorial. I followed the https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/c ... document-7 tutorial here.

I uploaded it to cocoon.io, unistalled Whitelist and added my inapp/PlayGame plugins and compiled it successfully.

After uploading the APK in the Google Play store, I published the app. Then I downloaded the game from the store, but it just displays the Cocoon logo and a black screen. This is the tenth time I've edited this app from some suggestions/fixes I find in other people's posts on here, but mine still does not work.

Hi,

I would recommend you to compile a Developer App for your project. Then you can run the cordova expored zipped file. Moreover you can enter the console and see what the black screen has caused.

Otherwise I can't say from here, what your issue is.
You can also send me your capx file in a PM, then I'll check it on my end.

Regards
Andy
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:41 pm

AndreasR wrote:
Snikoggs wrote:I exported my Construct 2 game to Cordava successfully, delete the config.xml and intel.xml thing, got the cocoon_box2d file and edit it in the index.html file, just as is instructed in the Tutorial. I followed the https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/c ... document-7 tutorial here.

Hi,

I would recommend you to compile a Developer App for your project. Then you can run the cordova expored zipped file. Moreover you can enter the console and see what the black screen has caused.

Otherwise I can't say from here, what your issue is.
You can also send me your capx file in a PM, then I'll check it on my end.

Regards
Andy

I have done this and I have a log. I will pm it to you.
B

Post » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:42 pm

@Snikoggs

Awesome!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:33 am

Really like this topic. Thanks @AndreasR

Still did not study all the examples and tutoriais, but I will.

For now I have downloaded the Android apk from google play (with the functions to buy snacks and other things).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:38 pm

AndreasR wrote:@Snikoggs

Awesome!

I have just compiled my game, uploaded to Google Play and downloaded it on my phone. But it does not display in full screen; it only displays on the top corner of my screen.

I have tried everything on this page https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/c ... ing-fixes/, but it still does not work. I have used Canvas+ and Webview+,but nothing.

Please help.
B

Post » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Snikoggs wrote:
AndreasR wrote:@Snikoggs

Awesome!

I have just compiled my game, uploaded to Google Play and downloaded it on my phone. But it does not display in full screen; it only displays on the top corner of my screen.

I have tried everything on this page https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/c ... ing-fixes/, but it still does not work. I have used Canvas+ and Webview+,but nothing.

Please help.

Hi!

Thank you for your post!

Firstly, please never upload any untested apk files to Google Play. You can use the Developer App to run your game and test it.
Can you send a link of your game, so that I can see what the problem is?
You also can send me your capx file in a PM. I'll check it then.

Regards
Andy
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:50 pm

@AndreasR

I "converted" to CocoonIO last night. I must say the performance is AWESOME!

Love the fact that almost all my plugins are working fine. I am just having issue with the XML object , which I use to read "Level UP" information and data.

Is there an issue with XML on CocoonIO? If so what's the work around? Please help me.
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Tools and Resources