Cocoon.io or XDK for mobile

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:10 am

Hi, I saw that someone posted saying Cocoon.io is now better than ever and I've tried it in the past with no success so I went with XDK for both iOS and Android publishing. So as of today, do most people recommend Cocoon for both iOS and Android or is it same as back then where Cocoon is better for iOS and XDK is for Android?
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:42 am

I,m still with xdk, for me its perfect, the only problem is the apk file size.
MY APPS ON GOOGLEPLAY
ImageImageImage
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:49 am

I've tried both. I'm disappointed with Cocoon.IO since it doesn't support many plugins + It has many unused permissions that makes our apps suspicious & bloatware.
I'd go with IntelXDK if I were you. Developers there are experts in compiling HTML5 apps. All cordova plugins are compatible there + no noticeable bloatware.
Yeah as @Rasputin said, the only downside is the apk file size.
BTW IntelXDK is way faster now compared back then when Cocoon.IO was said to be faster.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:02 pm

I use XDK. It seems simple enough to setup and I'm happy with the results. However I can't get google analytics working for android with it. Has anyone else?
My Games on google play

ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:10 am

Thanks for the replies guys.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General