CocoonJS 1.3

0 favourites
  • I was reading over on the Ludei site and seen that the new version of CocoonJS has been released.

blog.ludei.com

Ashley

Didn't know if you needed to update anything for this new version or not.

• just say it great;) i will test it...

• Good one! Im waiting to new update for iOS version :)

• wow really big performance boost on android the game loading at the beginning is improve up to 300% iOS version is also faster

• Interesting - I'll see if I can get GameCenter support in a future release.

• Awesome! Have they made it available it get rid of the CocoonJS splash screen yet?

I know it's going to cost when it happens, but I haven't heard any info about it in a while.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh yes, I've been waiting the GameCenter support. Perfect!

• Interesting - I'll see if I can get GameCenter support in a future release.

That would really be great: waiting eagerly for it! :)

• Awesome! Have they made it available it get rid of the CocoonJS splash screen yet?

I know it's going to cost when it happens, but I haven't heard any info about it in a while.

ArcadEd only for paid subscription...

along with in-app purchases and other features, their idea was 49/mo per month, no long terms, 500 per year, etc.

• Is that there current plan to continue with, $50 a month to use and keep up in the stores? I thought they were going to arrange a deal based on income from either sales or ads and one based on removal of the Ludei logo?

On another note anyone with an Ouya could please do a test? i would like to know if it's working now. I don't believe in any specific fixes were made, but sometimes the fixes for performance may have gotten it to work anyways... hopefully :D

I'm thourgly impressed with CocoonJS performance increase. It's not as large as some, but it's enough for me :) Even the logic seems to have gotten some performance and 20 objects are running well enough. Might put in some background objects now :)

• I'm fine with paid, $50 a month might be a little steep however. Is it an available option now?

The website doesn't mention anything about it.

Oh, and when building now, under extensions, there is a list of check boxes. Do we need to check Box2d to get the direct canvas boost, or is that something different?

Lastly, sprite font ALMOST worked in this latest build. Well, it doesn't just throw up a black screen anymore at least. All the objects were just white boxes. Man, if they got spritefont working, that would be amazing.

• It's a cheap price it surely is. However, cheap is relative to based on situation. I make enough, but as a living room developer dad. it's not so easy to justify a monthly expense. not until at least I'm pulling in the same relative amount :D it's just not comfortable unless what I'm making is producing that at the minimum. oh well. I'm sure there might be more than one pricing option. I really don't mind having LUDEI as one of the into pages. Especially if can be used to hide anykind of loading :)

• Lastly, sprite font ALMOST worked in this latest build. Well, it doesn't just throw up a black screen anymore at least. All the objects were just white boxes. Man, if they got spritefont working, that would be amazing.

I agree, it would be really great to have a working version of the sprite font plugin with Cocoonjs. I don't particularly like using normal fonts because the browsers render the text differently and the position of the text varies between browsers. Using sprites though the position is the same on all platforms so it's really useful.

• Well that's a good point, would be cool if we could do a split intro screen that has our intro and Ludei on the same page. It's not the page I dislike, it's the fact that there is my splash screen, and then the ludei one, and then the game starts.

• Ashley since you are already working on it for the next version(s) could you implement the functions to retrieve the item name, description, price, etc for iAP, it's required from Apple to display those information using their API for internationalization.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)