CocoonJS 1.4 and iOS

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:11 pm

@Xionor Prabably you have right with sprite font i will check this soon
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Same problem here, i lost half or more of my FPS.
There is clearly a pb, hoppefully Ludei will correct the bugs, I suppose it's a part of the fact of having a new version.
I just hope that it will not take ages now to have updates, cause just right now, Cocoon is useless.

Oh, and another pb i have with that version : if i put a tile with 50 % opacity, it appears with the value of 100 in cocoon, so no transparency for tiles for the moment it seems, at my end.

Whatever, eventually waiting for a new version of Cocoon that works and offers memory manager, i decided to work with Ejecta on ios : there is no memory manager, but everything already works perfectly, at least, for my project (i guess it depends of what you want to do).
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:17 pm

[QUOTE=David Flook]
Something like this should "just work" since it only has one purpose in life. It's only reason to exist is to take what we've done and "make it go" on mobile devices. If any single setting or object could make the frame rate drop 30+ frame per second, then that is considered a flaw in my mind.

Clearly CocoonJS isn't fully cross-platform ready, at least not when used with Construct 2.

Hopefully Ludei will sound off on this issue at some point. At least acknowledge it is an issue.[/QUOTE]

It should "just work"? Do you even have any idea how difficult it is to make a functioning wrapper that effectively "translates" HTML5 into as close to native language as possible?
Ludei, a dedicated team of professionals are working ONLY with that and even they are having trouble with it.

Do you also realize it's completely FREE right now and that you don't pay ANYTHING to use it?

The text object could make the fps drop down 30fps, because of WebGL. It's just how WebGL works, it's not a problem with CocoonJS and it would work just as bad on any platform/combination.

Ludei know of all the issues, a lot of us are giving them feedback and bug reports and they're even visiting the forums from time to time.

You are honestly in no position whatsoever to criticize Ludei for all the FREE amazing work they're doing for the entire HTML5 community.Xionor2013-07-30 15:26:14
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:32 pm

big pb here too... with cocoonjs 1.3 all is perfect and my simple app run at 63 fps! with cocoonjs 1.4.1 it drop down to 22-44 fps! and not all... the background is shifted a bit to the right (seems like it scaled wrong) switched back to 1.3 for now... hope ludei refine it soon! Anyway thanks to ludei for its fantastic launcher, they are great!Aelfraed2013-07-30 15:37:55
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:50 pm

That was kind of mean. Don't worry, Ludei can handle the criticism. They're a business. Making CocoonJS work seamlessly with Construct 2 is only a small part of that business. Just because it doesn't quite work yet doesn't mean a team of professionals is struggling to get it to work. It just means they only dedicate a certain amount of resources into fixing it for us.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, just looking forward to the potentially low barrier of entry for mobile development.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:58 pm

So version 1.4 on iOS is 1.4.1?

That's good news.

Problem is the username. Anybody know how to actually get it? I can reset my password, but no username. I don't remember it at all...

Just in case anyone wants to know, the username is your email address... Doi!!!

Also, be wary changing your password... instead of sending you a link to make a new one, they send you a 30 digit alpha numeric number, and don't provide a simple way to actually log into their site to change it.

I'm probably missing something, but I've spent the last 2 hours trying to sort this. Not happy :(AnD4D2013-07-30 22:10:41
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:10 pm

@ludei Tagged you guys just to get some attention - the 1.4 version does not work as it should on iOS. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. Thanks!robotecollective2013-07-30 22:11:40
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:22 pm

@robotecollective I used the cocoon object and changed the physics engine to standard web based. That helped, but it's strange. Cocoonjs shows me things that aren't within my layout.

We need an official exporter/wrapper. This is just a headache. Start a Kickstarter! I will throw my money at this!
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 pm

[QUOTE=AnD4D] @robotecollective I used the cocoon object and changed the physics engine to standard web based. That helped, but it's strange. Cocoonjs shows me things that aren't within my layout.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, gotta run some more tests... Still, it's clear that the new version does not work as it should because it is a lot slower than the 1.3.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:39 am

[QUOTE=Aelfraed] big pb here too... with cocoonjs 1.3 all is perfect and my simple app run at 63 fps! with cocoonjs 1.4.1 it drop down to 22-44 fps! and not all... the background is shifted a bit to the right (seems like it scaled wrong) switched back to 1.3 for now... hope ludei refine it soon! Anyway thanks to ludei for its fantastic launcher, they are great![/QUOTE]

How do you know it's 1.4.1? I'm seeing it's 1.4 in my ipod touch 4
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General