CocoonJS 2.0 brings Canvas+

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi guys,

A few days ago ludei has released their new cloud compilier CocoonJS 2.0 supporting Canvas+
What is the diffrent to box2D? Are they even comparable? Does construct 2 support Canvas+?

A lots of questions, but have anyone the answers? :)

Maybe they will release the construct 2 update soon. Maybe they just have waited for version 2.0 of CocoonJS :)
Do anybody know more about the construct 2 plugin update?
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:34 pm

I think canvas+ is the rendered system of cocoonjs (use internally)
and box2d are physics not a reder system
you try to publish with the new cloud compiler?

probably the best is use now Chromium-based webview (support all the thinks in c2?)
http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/articles/201952993

they tell can import phonegap projects
maybe someone can export from c2 to phonegap and use cloud compiler at ludei
https://cocoonjsservice.ludei.com/cloud/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Thanks a lot for your comment.
Yes i've already compiled a project with the new compiler. But i dont' see any diffrent in my game. Performance still the same ;)
I red that Canvas+ is the best option for HTML5 GAmes.

But, let’s explain a bit more about this new version. With CocoonJS 2.0 you can compile your project in the Canvas+ -our accelerated canvas, the best choice to accelerate your game-

You find the post here
http://blog.ludei.com/html5-apps-phonegap/
and more information here
http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/articles/202321098

But does it make any diffrent to the performane of the game exported with construct 2??
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2014 6:18 pm

I downloaded the zip file directly on my PC, and transfer to SD on my smartphone, only the CocconJS Archiving does not recognize the zip, and even the APK. Does anyone know how do I open the apk directly Ludei?
B
S

Post » Wed May 07, 2014 6:24 pm

After the compiling process has been finished you will get a zip file. In this file you will find 2 version of a apk file. One is signed with "debug" for testing and one is unsigned to release it on the play store. Extract the zip and just copy the debug signed version on your smartphone and install it ;)
Then it schould work.

In order to use the Android Launcher app from ludei you need to copy the exported files (the same zip file you can upload on the cloud compiler) from C2 on your root folder at your device. Then it will appears in the directory of the launcher app.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2014 6:37 pm

@derikvlog i faced the same problem cjs dont recognise my zip files. but yesterday ludei update cjs and fixed the problem with the zip file. try to update it
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2014 7:37 pm

AndreasR wrote:After the compiling process has been finished you will get a zip file. In this file you will find 2 version of a apk file. One is signed with "debug" for testing and one is unsigned to release it on the play store. Extract the zip and just copy the debug signed version on your smartphone and install it ;)
Then it schould work.

In order to use the Android Launcher app from ludei you need to copy the exported files (the same zip file you can upload on the cloud compiler) from C2 on your root folder at your device. Then it will appears in the directory of the launcher app.

I know, I install the apk, and opens the Cocconjs and asks for login, and then does not leave this screen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Wed May 07, 2014 7:40 pm

If you install the debug .apk file you don't need the Launcher App. It's installed on your device as a normal app? Check your homescreen.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2014 7:55 pm

AndreasR wrote:If you install the debug .apk file you don't need the Launcher App. It's installed on your device as a normal app? Check your homescreen.

This appears when I open my game already installed, click on "Canvas 2D/Webgl" and this message appears:

errors:
"could not find anything to be executed. please, VERIFY Given the file path points to the main HTML or JS file."
B
S

Post » Fri May 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Can you attach a screen shot of your properties in C2? Of your project you want to use on Android?
B
S
G

Return to Tools and Resources